Top 25 discrepancy

TruLadyvolfan

Am I the only one who thinks the lady vols are a top 25 team? We have only loss to top 25 teams
4 are in the top 10- we have the toughest schedule in the nation! Colorado is ranked yet we beat them - nc state is ranked with 5 loses and we have a tougher schedule- no being biased but come on ! How do we not know basketball - 6 loses all top 25 4 top 10
Undefeated in the sec !!! Going to still play UConn and lsu - played #2 Ohio st - I don't see how we can be left off

Am I the only one who thinks the lady vols are a top 25 team? We have only loss to top 25 teams
4 are in the top 10- we have the toughest schedule in the nation! Colorado is ranked yet we beat them - nc state is ranked with 5 loses and we have a tougher schedule- no being biased but come on ! How do we not know basketball - 6 loses all top 25 4 top 10
Undefeated in the sec !!! Going to still play UConn and lsu - played #2 Ohio st - I don't see how we can be left off
I think it’s great motivation for the ladies. Go out and play with a chip on their shoulder and beat UConn

Y’all should be ranked. Probably should have been a few weeks ago. Night and day turnaround from season’s beginning.

I agree we are top 25 but the toughest schedule doesn’t mean anything when u haven’t won not one game against the tough opponents.

Undefeated against 8 of the 9 worst teams in the conference. Lost twice this season on our home floor. No marquee wins. A lofty preseason Top 5 ranking did nothing to inspire this team. Just focus on improvements—especially on defense, shot selection, and valuing possession of the basketball. And keep feeding RJ the rock.

Just win out and we will be in top 3 or 4. Win SEC tourney on top of that and we might be number 1.
You have to start beating top ranked team, not just play against them.
Based on how we are playing now, yes I would like to replay some of those games we lost but maybe we will get a chance to play a couple of them down the road when it really matters.

Last edited:
I agree we are top 25 but the toughest schedule doesn’t mean anything when u haven’t won not one game against the tough opponents.

No?
Per Massey...present rankings of the SEC teams...
1st half stats.jpg
every team is in the top 101 in the country
Every SEC team we have played has a winning overall record except Vandy/TAMU
001.jpg
After a 4-5 start,
and bottom of the SEC,,,we are in 3rd place
going through the SEC to do so on a 12-1 run
"Punk Negavols!"

Last edited:
I think the close loss at Maples plus the current win streak screams top 25, maybe top 15-20, just need a win over a ranked opponent and the team will move up quickly, Uconn would do the trick, especially since it is a Nationally televised game.

Uconn is going to be tough to beat. They play good defense, shoot the ball well and the starting 5 are playing well together.

Reactions: travis929
Uconn is going to be tough to beat. They play good defense, shoot the ball well and the starting 5 are playing well together.
I noticed they had 8 players last night but Ducharme still out of lineup, that must have been a heck of a concussion, she has missed quite a few games now.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I noticed they had 8 players last night but Ducharme still out of lineup, that must have been a heck of a concussion, she has missed quite a few games now.
Ducharme has been having all kinds of problems since even last year. She has this neck issue that's probably still an issue along with the concussion. Having Patterson back is huge for them, though.

If the officials don't screw it up, Thursdays game will be a good one. The Huskies play tight defense without being as physical as they have been in the past. They cannot afford to get in foul trouble, and BE opponents know this and are playing extra physical, knocking our players to the floor on multiple occasions. Everytime a player hits the floor we hold our breath, just waiting for them to get up and walk around. Not a good way to feel, but thats how we feel every game. I just want the refs to call a good game, and touch fouls won't help either team. I don't know what conference the refs will be from, but there are good ones and bad ones in all conferences. Looking forward to a great game with two great teams, and may the best team win. If we lose, we lose, and go on to the next game. Villanova is next and then SC. The LVs do belong in the top 20 right now, so a win for them here would be beneficial, but the same with them, big games are coming with LSU and SC. Those games are more important, so I'm just looking for a great game, and after that, on to the next.

It's easy - - - the people voting just don't think we are good enough.. Now with Key, maybe, but this team just isn't quite good enough yet. Long way to go yet, but they LV's are starting to overcome the lose of Key who was a big part of game planning and the scoring strategy.

At the time we lost to two teams outside the Top 25. Everyone we lost to with the exception of Stanford was ranked well below us preseason or not ranked at the time. We are winning the games we are supposed to win now, we didn't do that early on.

At the time we lost to two teams outside the Top 25. Everyone we lost to with the exception of Stanford was ranked well below us preseason or not ranked at the time. We are winning the games we are supposed to win now, we didn't do that early on.
Yep, great opportunity Thursday night to flip the script, gl. I will be watching along with the rest of the country.

Reactions: djtee and Majors
I suspect Tennessee being unranked is an overreaction to the traditional Tennessee bias, which often saw Tennessee "overranked" in the past five to ten years because of its name and legacy. Upon seeing a Tennessee that clearly didn't look ready to roll at the start of the year, voters have really leaned into "this Tennessee team's not that good" and kept running with it even though UT's straightened out a good bit. And they clearly don't think UT will win the UConn or LSU games, as evidenced by everyone keeping them in "receiving votes."

The real questions to me are these - will voters undercount a possible UT win this Thursday, and only begrudgingly nudge Tennessee into the 20-25 range? They'll say "oh UConn didn't have X or Y" and write it off, even in the face of a team that's 17-6 against the toughest schedule in the sport? I'm guessing that's what they'll do. Again - the Tennessee bias in action. Oh and of course leaving UConn in the top 10.

Heaven help them if UT were to pull off two successive upsets. What's the most a team has ever climbed in a week? You'd would have a hard time leaving an 18-6 UT out of the top 10 if they won their next two games. Not saying that's the likely outcome, just thinking about how much they'd have to over-correct their mistake if that were to happen. You'd go from unranked to 18th-20th to top 10 in five days. I'd love to see it, for obvious reasons.

I suspect Tennessee being unranked is an overreaction to the traditional Tennessee bias, which often saw Tennessee "overranked" in the past five to ten years because of its name and legacy. Upon seeing a Tennessee that clearly didn't look ready to roll at the start of the year, voters have really leaned into "this Tennessee team's not that good" and kept running with it even though UT's straightened out a good bit. And they clearly don't think UT will win the UConn or LSU games, as evidenced by everyone keeping them in "receiving votes."

The real questions to me are these - will voters undercount a possible UT win this Thursday, and only begrudgingly nudge Tennessee into the 20-25 range? They'll say "oh UConn didn't have X or Y" and write it off, even in the face of a team that's 17-6 against the toughest schedule in the sport? I'm guessing that's what they'll do. Again - the Tennessee bias in action. Oh and of course leaving UConn in the top 10.

Heaven help them if UT were to pull off two successive upsets. What's the most a team has ever climbed in a week? You'd would have a hard time leaving an 18-6 UT out of the top 10 if they won their next two games. Not saying that's the likely outcome, just thinking about how much they'd have to over-correct their mistake if that were to happen. You'd go from unranked to 18th-20th to top 10 in five days. I'd love to see it, for obvious reasons.
Doubt even going 2-0 this week would get us above 15.

Doubt even going 2-0 this week would get us above 15.

You're probably right, it's ambitious, but a team that's 18-6 with a home win against UConn and a road win against LSU in the past week would belong there all the same. Or perhaps just at the door. Whatever. All I know is, they'd be showing bias beyond all belief if they kept them underranked in such a scenario.

VN Store

Back