Tennessee Lady Vol News

I really don’t understand how our strength of schedule doesn’t stay #1. Literally no other team has played a schedule like ours this year.

Yeah, call me crazy but I don’t think it’s possible to lead the country in SOS when you play in the Big East. Don’t care who you play in your non-conference. Just can’t make up for the bottom 2/3rds of that conference.

🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁

Last edited:
I really don’t understand how our strength of schedule doesn’t stay #1. Literally no other team has played a schedule like ours this year.
Think it your overall opponents records. We have Wright State pulling us down with their 2 and 18 record. Overall looks like we'll be number one at the end of the season. After we play UConn and LSU should be in the number one SOS slot.

Too bad that means nothing. LSU SOS 83, and they’re #3 in The Net.
Yes it isn't anything wins are bigger no matter who they are against. They do have two wins over Arkansas and a win over Missouri. Their RPI is 23 and were at 13 but thus far they have worked their way into a top four seed in the NCAA without doing very much. Love to beat them but that is a tall task on the road especially without Key to put the clamps on Reese.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We need to be focused on UCONN right now, not LSU. LSU isn’t for a week; UCONN is in 4 days. Both are huge games, but let’s not put the cart before the horse. UCONN is a winnable game, assuming Horston is back. We are going to need everyone healthy, and ready-to-go.
It should always be one game at a time. Were the underdog in both games so it will be an upset if we win either of them.

It should always be one game at a time. Were the underdog in both games so it will be an upset if we win either of them.
We need to be focused on UCONN right now, not LSU. LSU isn’t for a week; UCONN is in 4 days. Both are huge games, but let’s not put the cart before the horse. UCONN is a winnable game, assuming Horston is back. We are going to need everyone healthy, and ready-to-go.
I’m pretty sure the team is focused on UCONN, but I think it’s okay for us fans to discuss any upcoming game…..no?

I am sure UCONN has a record streak of beating unranked teams. If true would LOVE UT being the team to snap the streak. Curious what the spread will be. Thinking UCONN 7 to 10 points.
Massey has 72-65, at 66%.
Hasn’t been that long actually. They had one against Villanova last February.
They had a 240 game streak against unranked opponents snapped in Dec. 2021 by Georgia Tech.

Last edited:
I am sure UCONN has a record streak of beating unranked teams. If true would LOVE UT being the team to snap the streak. Curious what the spread will be. Thinking UCONN 7 to 10 points.
They don't. They lost to GT last season.

If Ducharme and Patterson aren't back, Tennessee should be favored pretty nicely even if not by the bookies.

Massey has 72-65, at 66%.

Unfortunately, that would be my honest guess, too. The things they do particularly well, like their pressure defense, moving the ball quickly, fast cuts and effective screening -- as well as often shooting well from 3 -- are all things that could hurt our chances.

Tennessee will have to have their best game of the season to pull off the upset, and I'm not sure we're quite there yet. I can't wait to be sitting in TBA on Thursday to find out, though!

Unfortunately, that would be my honest guess, too. The things they do particularly well, like their pressure defense, moving the ball quickly, fast cuts and effective screening -- as well as often shooting well from 3 -- are all things that could hurt our chances.

Tennessee will have to have their best game of the season to pull off the upset, and I'm not sure we're quite there yet. I can't wait to be sitting in TBA on Thursday to find out, though!
They can't play defense they way that they normally like to because of their lack of bodies. Basically, no one can afford to get in foul trouble. So they are gonna let some stuff just go if it puts them at risk for fouls.

There is no PG to back up Muhl If there was ever a time for Tennessee to use a full court press, this is it. Wear her down and maybe she'll get sloppy. On offense, go right at Lopez Senechal. She's the worst defensive player on their team, but also their most dangerous scoring threat. Like Muhl, they have no one on their bench to replace her.

Yeah it sucks for UConn with all of their injuries, but this is really an extremely winnable game for Tennessee. They will be loaded next season once they get everyone healthy, so might as well take advantage of what fate has given you.

Tennessee is likely getting both games.
The best I’ve seen Tennessee this season is the 1st half against Ohio State.
The final seconds against Missouri was that good or better.. I fully expect the LVs to reach their potential before the NCAA tourney and compete for a Nat’l Title.
Tennessee is back!

VN Store

Back