Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

No matter what the rules are, I don't think she will be playing. There are two good things about her coming early:
1- She can still practice with the team and learn some of the nuances of their offence, as well as working out with the strength coach.
2- She has been Home Schooled, so it would benefit her to get used to classes with other students as well as teachers.
She can be an important part to our puzzle, especially if we continue to have missing pieces.
Right we have a men's player that enrolled early just to get used to what practice is like and how it is at this level versus High School. Players can learn a lot and be a lot more game ready when they early enroll.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
She did own up to it, but it's not of YOUR liking. People have said she was acting hood, ghetto, she wasn't fitting the narrative and she addressed it accordingly and stated she was ok with that. Yes your environment can have some influence. Not for everyone but for some yes. Alexis Hornbuckle use to trash talk, Candace Parker did, Shannon Bobbitt did, Rickea does now. I wouldn't say subtle is jumping in people faces, Candace was known to stare down her opponents after a nice block. Just go back and look at her highlights. That's exactly what Reese did. Stare down her opponents with choice words. Men do it all the time in the men's game. Don't know how many times I have heard "Get that **** out of here", after an emphatic block. Now if people don't care for her just cause she is shocking the SEC with her play then so be it, but I haven't seen anything that warrants all this hatred for her being colorful.
Some coaches you can do it and some coaches you can't. She has one that you can so if her coach allows it no problem.

Some coaches you can do it and some coaches you can't. She has one that you can so if her coach allows it no problem.
AR came from a coach who allowed it, so not a surprise. And certainly any player or coach has a right to do it. But the player should stop being surprised that alot of people don't like it. And definitely don't try to drag in unrelated cultural issues, which are already divisive and sensitive, to explain your choice of behavior.

I'd say even permissive coaches like Kim might get a little p.o.ed when the antics cost the team points. Like when she got a tech, or when she gave up an uncontested layup while getting tv face time. Maybe not though, maybe Kim's trading 2 or 4 pts for AR's 30.

As far as our players doing it, I sit 20 rows from the floor and see almost none of it, and when it does happen it's usually directed at the refs. If they can do it, stay in the flow of the game, and not have it noticed, go to town!

The coach can be wrong too.. it is a problem. And when they start losing you don’t have to admit it but that’ll expose a lot about those antics and how detrimental it is in any sport on any level.
You can be yourself, have fun, show personality without lacking sportsmanship.

AR came from a coach who allowed it, so not a surprise. And certainly any player or coach has a right to do it. But the player should stop being surprised that alot of people don't like it. And definitely don't try to drag in unrelated cultural issues, which are already divisive and sensitive, to explain your choice of behavior.

I'd say even permissive coaches like Kim might get a little p.o.ed when the antics cost the team points. Like when she got a tech, or when she gave up an uncontested layup while getting tv face time. Maybe not though, maybe Kim's trading 2 or 4 pts for AR's 30.

As far as our players doing it, I sit 20 rows from the floor and see almost none of it, and when it does happen it's usually directed at the refs. If they can do it, stay in the flow of the game, and not have it noticed, go to town!
She not only acted ugly on the basketball court. Acted ugly on visit to Tennessee. Why did she even come if she had no interest.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
KLS was
Interesting hire...

KLS was something in college, I don’t follow the WNBA, so cannot speak on her from that angle. But if she was wanting to start getting involved in NCAAW Basketball and I was a coach, I’d hire no questions asked. She has so much to share with the young college players, and unless I am mistaken, KLS is 100% class act.

She came to UCONN when Stewart was just the best maybe ever there, and those were big shoes to fill, but KLS was an assassin in her own right, so talented and absolutely clutch.

KLS was

KLS was something in college, I don’t follow the WNBA, so cannot speak on her from that angle. But if she was wanting to start getting involved in NCAAW Basketball and I was a coach, I’d hire no questions asked. She has so much to share with the young college players, and unless I am mistaken, KLS is 100% class act.

She came to UCONN when Stewart was just the best maybe ever there, and those were big shoes to fill, but KLS was an assassin in her own right, so talented and absolutely clutch.
Her professional career since leaving UConn has been less than stellar. That doesn't reflect on one's potential as a coach, but it's far more relevant than her time as a player for UConn.

I'd strongly encourage people to continue following these players through their professional careers, because having to reach back to someone's time in college to discuss her potential as an assistant isn't fair to her at all. Not a knock on you personally, because I see this quite a bit.

If Reese was playing here I doubt that’ll be her on court disposition.
Take the Miss State game as an example.. RJ did absolutely nothing but smile/laugh after an opponent stepped in her face and got substituted out for an unnecessary break!
But Rickea J just has that natural swag… it’s not the same!

No in fact RJ brushed her with her shoulder first that caused that reaction.

VN Store

Back