‘23 MO EDGE Chandavian Bradley (Tennessee Commit)

You beat me to it. I was thinking about Kearse as well. He was an outside LB in college his last year.
Seems like we used to see this all the time. Al Wilson, Dominique Stevenson, Leonard Little. Most recently, Curt Maggitt. Guys that came in much undersized and developed. I’m not sure the transfer portal is going to be as forgiving to allow these players the time they need to develop and find their place.

Reactions: KptVFL
Seems like we used to see this all the time. Al Wilson, Dominique Stevenson, Leonard Little. Most recently, Curt Maggitt. Guys that came in much undersized and developed. I’m not sure the transfer portal is going to be as forgiving to allow these players the time they need to develop and find their place.

It is the same in business. You develop people. If they do not feel that they are progressing quick enough or they think one of their piers is unfairly progessing quicker, they move on to a better opportunity for them. Coaches like businesses have to re-recruit all the time. On the other hand, if you are not progressing, you are left standing in the same spot and may get asked to move on.

Great point.

You have a different memory of Little than myself. IIRC, he was juco for one season then showed up at UT and started for 3 straight years. Dude was freakishly lean for a DE but was still crazy strong and quick. Was great at DE for 2 seasons then they tried him at middle LB to start his senior season where he wasn’t as impressive. They may have moved him back to DE before the season ended, at least for passing downs?

Al was not MUCH undersized or developed.

Not to that level but I would put Beasely in there too. I thought he was a waste of a scholarship when it came to his playing/performance, nothing against him personally. But he showed me to be all types of wrong. Came in as a safety IIRC, and was too slow there, but seems to excel now at LB.

He sure looked like it at that high school all star game in Lexington his senior year. My friends and I were wondering how he was going to play in the SEC?
6 ft 230 coming out of high school is small? Are you sure you're talking about the same person?

Al wasn't 230 lbs until his Sr year in College.

He was about 195-200 as Sr at Jackson Central Merry
Al wasn't 230 lbs until his Sr year in College.

He was about 195-200 as Sr at Jackson Central Merry
That's not true at all. I went to school with Al. You don't know everything, especially this one. Look at his Rivals page Mr. Know it All.

That's not true at all. I went to school with Al. You don't know everything, especially this one. Look at his Rivals page Mr. Know it All.
I remember AL being 215-220 as a high school senior. He definitely wasn't undersized. He weighed in at 6' 239lbs at the NFL combine.

Never said I knew everything, jackass.

Btw Rivals was founded in 1998.
Al Wilson graduated in 1995 from JCM.

Who cares if you went to high school with him lol.
What did he let you take his weight??😏

I remember AL being 215-220 as a high school senior. He definitely wasn't undersized. He weighed in at 6' 239lbs at the NFL combine.

He told me personally he started the 1994 season at 200.lbs. ended at 195 after losing to Germantown iirc.

Bukled up to 215 at UT 1st year

Well he's saying the man was 230 lbs.
As a high school safety.
Well, that's just not factual. Al was definitely not 6' 230 with 4.4 (his actual high school 40 time) speed in high school. If he had been, they would've arrested him for involuntary manslaughter on a Friday night at JCM. We also know how coaches inflate kid's weights, so he was probably 215 tops his senior year.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back