Firing of Pruitt leading to Success is a Trend

The days of Pruitt being regarded as a top defensive mind have gone by the wayside with the way today's game is played. It could be he always was average at best with far superior talent around him at a couple of the stops.
I'm not to sure about that. I know plenty of Bammers that have their fingers crossed that he comes back to run the D for Saban.

I'm not to sure about that. I know plenty of Bammers that have their fingers crossed that he comes back to run the D for Saban.
So in a theoretical scenario:
Bama brings Pruitt back and they have their worse season ever, which leads to both Pruitt and Saban being fired, but the next guy comes in and they are back to winning championships again.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I really don't like Jeremy Pruitt and I'm definitely glad he isn't our coach. But that is a really silly article. What has happened to RTI? Pruitt left UGA and went to Alabama, and Alabama went 12-0 in 2016 before losing to Clemson in the national championship game, and won the national championship the following year in 2017...beating who? Oh yeah, UGA.

They are hoping for a return to glory on defense and I don't think Pruitt can do it today. He has had no accomplishments since leaving Alabama.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I really don't like Jeremy Pruitt and I'm definitely glad he isn't our coach. But that is a really silly article. What has happened to RTI? Pruitt left UGA and went to Alabama, and Alabama went 12-0 in 2016 before losing to Clemson in the national championship game, and won the national championship the following year in 2017...beating who? Oh yeah, UGA.
I agree. Who knew that changing coaches could lead to different results? Wild.

So Tennessee has been doing this wrong all along? We have been paying these guys not to coach when they could be destroying other programs.

Who would have thought not paying horrible coaches could kill two birds with one stone?
Jeremy Pruitt is the nuclear option. A real WMCD (Weapon of Mass Coaching Destruction).

Pruitt had top talent at every stop as DC. His first job was 2013 FSU…give me a break. Every starter on that team was drafted.

So in a theoretical scenario:
Bama brings Pruitt back and they have their worse season ever, which leads to both Pruitt and Saban being fired, but the next guy comes in and they are back to winning championships again.
I have a better chance of hosting a live sit-down interview with Sasquatch on YouTube than Nick Saban has of being fired.

Reactions: marvin616
Pruitt is a really good DC.
That is his ceiling.
No shame, except we had to be the test subject to find out the limits of his abilities.
That sucked.
He is not a really good DC. Anyone can look like a genius with a defense full of 5 star athletes. Damn sure didn’t show his defensive prowess here

Pruitt had top talent at every stop as DC. His first job was 2013 FSU…give me a break. Every starter on that team was drafted.
I think some skill coaches get credit when it should go to the 5 star talent that they landed in their lap. Bama did ok this year in spite of having Bill Obrien as OC. He was a horrible head coach for the Texans= could not gauge good/bad talent, made horrible draft pics, very bland offense play calling. Bama won in spite of him, not because he was there.

VN Store

Back