My guess at permanent teams after SEC realignment.

No matter how it plays out it sure seems like some fun conference matchups year in and year out. I agree with your predictions.

i see now scenario where Tennessee doesent play Florida/Georgia yearly.

They’re not historic rivals. They became rivals because the divisions split in 1992 and those were the 2 teams we had to beat to win the East. Alabama, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt are Tennessee’s 3 historic rivals and it’s kind of a no-brainer to make them the 3 permanents. Hell, Auburn was a bigger historic (and annual) rival for Tennessee than UF or UGA until the divisions forced them to stop playing annually.

I think the 12 team playoff might encourage some tougher OOC games because you can lose 2-3 games and still get in, especially with a difficult SOS.

I don't know. 10 wins with an SEC schedule will be a lock for the playoff, even 9-3 with some good top 25 wins. Look at Georgia's schedule next season, there are maybe a couple of games that might potentially be tough, and that's it, and they have four non-conference cupcakes. Even if we beat them, at 11-1 they're most likely in the CFP.

Texas looks to benefit more than any school...They get thier old traditional rivals back in Arkansas and TAMU....The SEC is going to be CRAZY in a couple of years!...I can't wait!
A&M and OU will be losable games for them every year and u never really know what Ark will be year to year

No way LSU and Ole Miss don’t play every year. That’s a must.
LSU should be Bama, Florida, Ole Miss.
Bama should be LSU, Auburn, Vols
Auburn should be Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss
Tenn should be Florida, Vandy, Bama
Florida should be Tenn, LSU, Georgia
Georgia should be Florida, SC, Auburn
Ole Miss should be Auburn, LSU, State
State should be Ole Miss, and whoever they want.

The rest of the expansion and crap teams can be allocated among themselves.

You know, because my opinion matters….

As for the Vols, here’s what I would see as the total schedule:
Every Year - Bama, Vandy, UK.
Even Years - UGA, OU, TAMU, MSU, MIZ, ARK
Odd Years - UF, Texas, LSU, OLE, USC, AUB

Reactions: Snakebrown13
Boring. Mix it up a little bit. I don't want to watch the rebirth of the BIG12/SWC.

For example, I'd like to see:
Tennessee - Bama (TSIO), Florida, and Texas for the annual season grand finale.

They will keep UT be UF. To big of a rivalry and always one of the most watched games of the year. One of the best rivalries in the sport

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Assuming a 9 game schedule, the other 12 SEC teams would be on a two year rotation. This way there is a home and home in back2back years, doing away with the 7 year gap in play with a tolerable 2 year gap.

Yeah / the 3/6/6 model is actually really cool. You play your main three every year, and the other six every other. At least that’s what I gleaned from this thread - and I think it’s pretty cool.
Only other change for me would be a league mandate that every team has to schedule a home and home with a power 5 program. Otherwise it’s gonna be cream puff city. And I would think this would only help to get even more SEC teams into a playoff with the SOS and perennial ass whoopings delivered all across CFB ( unless you suck like Florida and get pasted by Utah :) )

This is actually a pretty fun exercise.

ALA - Auburn, Tenn, MS State
ARK - Texas, LSU, Mizzou
AUB - Bama, UGA, Ole Miss
FL-UGA, SC, Vandy
UGA-Auburn, Fla, SC
KEN - Tenn, Mizzou, MS State
LSU-Ark,A&M, Ole Miss
MIZZOU - Ark,KY, OU
Ole Miss - Auburn, LSU, MS St
MSU - Bama, Ole Miss, Ky
OU - Texas, Mizzou, A&M
SC-Florida, UGA, Vandy
TAMU - LSU, OU, Texas
TENN - Bama, KY,Vandy
TEX - Ark, OU, A&M
VAN - Fla,Tenn, SC

I think others will think Tennesse gets off light with Ken and Vandy. Wouldn't be surprised that they would pair us up with Florida instead of either Vandy or Kentucky, then we get the other one. So UT would get Bama/Florida/Vandy or Kentucky.

I think others will think Tennesse gets off light with Ken and Vandy. Wouldn't be surprised that they would pair us up with Florida instead of either Vandy or Kentucky, then we get the other one. So UT would get Bama/Florida/Vandy or Kentucky.
Possibly, but there’s bound to be an imbalance somewhere. I fully expect the conference to stick it to A&M after the fit they threw last year about Texas possibly joining the conference.

I don't care if we ever play Bama again in the regular season, I would just as soon go out on a high note and only meet them in the SECC just like everyone else (GA)

Reactions: Rocky Top T

VN Store

Back