Game Thread: Lady Vols v TAMU; Thurs Jan 12 @ 9PM on SECN tv LV's 62-50

ShorttermFewCod-size_restricted.gif

I don't think having 4 teams in the SEC 5 and 0 happens often. Ole Miss is 16 and 2 and no one is talking about them. Although their first 8 SEC games are against the teams not likely to make the tournament outside of maybe Mississippi State. Only losing by 2 to a top 10 Utah squad was impressive. Ole Miss could be ranked coming to Knoxville in 3 weeks. UCONN @lsu Ole Miss and @Miss State will be a tough 4 game stretch. UT needs to win the next 3 before that stretch.

I don't think having 4 teams in the SEC 5 and 0 happens often. Ole Miss is 16 and 2 and no one is talking about them. Although their first 8 SEC games are against the teams not likely to make the tournament outside of maybe Mississippi State. Only losing by 2 to a top 10 Utah squad was impressive. Ole Miss could be ranked coming to Knoxville in 3 weeks. UCONN @lsu Ole Miss and @Miss State will be a tough 4 game stretch. UT needs to win the next 3 before that stretch.
As long as one of those wins are UConn

UT could beat any SEC team on any given night, with Jax and Jordy, two top 5 picks likely, no team is safe from UT. A lot of top end talent on your team….,UT was within 7 of Stanford which is considered a best in class team, LV’s can play with anyone as long as Jax and Jordy are in the lineup.

Last edited:
This team will have nothing for SC, LSU or UCONN. Ole Miss has a 75% chance to win. Giving up 50 to a team usually scoring less than 40 shows a weak defense due to poor coaching.
Incorrect. TAMU averages 52 pts a game which they didn’t reach. And give up 58 pts a game which the Lady Vols surpassed

This team will have nothing for SC, LSU or UCONN. Ole Miss has a 75% chance to win. Giving up 50 to a team usually scoring less than 40 shows a weak defense due to poor coaching.
Your UT team came within 7 of beating Stanford, considered by many the best team in the country, certainly top two along with SC right now. Jackson and Horston are both likely top 5 picks, UT can beat any team in the country with those two on top of their game.

As a SC fan, I do not relish the trip to Knoxville and know how that game could go either way up there…

walker would be my 1st sub,,,JH and RK can bring down

Scottie and Michael often worked without a PG
BJ and Paxson were more or less 2-guards

Reactions: SandyO
Yes. She is much worse. Edie is not an SEC level player. Her ceiling would likely be something like a less athletic Rennie with a better shot.

There is a reason she is a walkon.
Little Darby can play ball if & when given the opportunity; it might take more than 3 minutes but has alot of grit & high basketball IQ, reads the floor better than most, gritty & plays team ball.

We don’t even get more than a couple thousand fans at home anymore. A decade of ineptitude cost this program an entire generation of fans. and the few that do show are mostly 60+. Young fans don’t care at all

When Barker gets back healthy, Taylor may turn things around and attendance may increase. Don't give up on your team yet.

Last edited:
There was a moment when the LV line-up was Horston, Jackson, Walker, Darby, and Striplin and it struck me that could be their best five right now. Striplin vs. Hollingshead depends on the post match-up; against a more physical post player, that give would include Hollingshead, versus Striplin.

I think Powell is going to be a good player but right now she is a little two steps forward and one step back. Four steals for Tess with some moves to the rim even!! Excellent all round game from her.

It is working so if it ain't broke don't fix I suppose but I want Rickea on the floor as much as possible, She makes our offense so much better. She and Jordan are a mighty one-two punch. Maybe its time to not pull any punches.

Finally, when the LVs got up by 10 to 6, it was first time I have ever thought a 4 pt lead might be insurmountable.

Oof. That was an ugly, senseless turnover. Come on, Lady Vols!!! Survive this and go home with a win!

And Peck, we know "Texas a&m will Not. Go. Away." You've mentioned that many times.

I now believe that Peck is a robot who is programmed with three or four go to phrases; good things happen when...get the ball inside...pound the paint.. reward the big girl, and X is not going away. the classic Peck commentary is good things happen when you get the ball inside and reward the big girl! Pound the paint? Oh, X is not going away....

🤣🤣🤣 Walk-ons don’t emerge! Surely you aren’t serious!

I guess I should have used blue font but Stetson Bennett did pretty good as a walk on.
I wonder who the greatest walk on wbb player is? Surely their must have been a few and if not, why not?

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back