Game Thread : Lady Vols 80 v Miss State 69 - 6:30pm SECN+

I think the key to this team's success is to develop a better post presence. Strip is not the answer at the 5 against a big like the one she was up against tonight. I think she should be a four, not a 5, anyway. Hopefully, Jillian can come on strong, with Franklin supporting her.

I saw some good offensive possessions against the zone tonite ......another way to say it is that there was some good offensive sets run against the zone ....good coaching.With our three point threat and flashing either Horston or Jackson across the free throw line for easy shots that both can make will tear a 2/3 zone apart on most nights.

I saw some good offensive possessions against the zone tonite ......another way to say it is that there was some good offensive sets run against the zone ....good coaching.With our three point threat and flashing either Horston or Jackson across the free throw line for easy shots that both can make will tear a 2/3 zone apart on most nights.
Best Lady Vols' performance I've watched in a long time. Ball security & rebounding were stellar, & Horston was on FIRE. Congratulations & keep it going.

3 and 0 in the SEC and all 3 wins are by double digits. Next 2 games should be as well as likely 2 of the worst teams in the cinference. I am liking where this team is heading.
I still don’t think it’s totally fixed yet, but it’s not the dumpster fire it was to start the year. I guess we’ll take the progress. But it needs to continue. We have a long way to go to have the season we thought we were going to have.

Good win. Love how Horston and the team turned it up the last 3-ish minutes of the game. If she has another big performance next game, she might be next weeks SEC player of the week.

Even though the team shot 6-27 from three, they still hung 80 on a scrappy team. Still found ways to score. That said, it would’ve been great to see the offense go through our posts some.

Still a lot to work on. Still gotta find a way to put teams away. Gotta work on zone offense too.

VN Store

Back