Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad at all.

Secondary is going to be a “your guess is as good as mine” situation. Don’t think anyone, besides maybe Slaughter, have nailed a starting spot based off of last years performances.

As for the DL.. I know we will probably look at DE in the portal, but opposite of Baron I think I’d rather see one of this years freshman DE (Joseph, West, Pearce) mixed with Harrison. Unless, of course, we find an absolute stud DE in the portal.
Strong agree. I think Pearce/Josephs/West are going to be really, really good, and we have Herring/Bradley/Weathersby coming in too. Our pash rush is going to be fun for a while.

Watched a show (produced by Barneys) about an Aussie who's jeorb it was to learn the culture and language of indigenous peoples. And whom had travelled and traversed rugged coffee Country, machete in hand. Backpack, and requisite kerchief-around-neck, this self proclaimed Indiana Coffee Jones, had braved the wilds of Cocaina territory & bartered a deal with local farmers to 'allow' him to grow, harvest, and ultimately to ween them off of Coca production.

It hit all the phony bologna intellectual parameters. Was complete and total ********. If Barneys went to THAT much trouble for a bean, we'd be paying $95 per cup.
For some reason, whenever anyone mentions Cocaina territory it makes me think of Romancing the Stone where the facade of the building looks like a crack house, and they open the door and it’s a mansion lmao

Last edited:
So with Halzle getting promoted to OC are we going to look for a great TE coach that can recruit? Or promote like we did with Pope?

I’m trying to kick my coffee addiction this year (I know I m ow, why would I do that?). It’s going poorly. Trying a shroom substitute coffee. Not the psychedelic two marijuana ones. Lions mane, reishi, etc. There’s a lot out there on the market.
And it’s surprisingly good. Although I’ve been trying the mushroom additive to my coffee and not the full replacement. Only been using a few days so not sure about all of what they claim but will say I feel like I’m not crashing in the afternoon.

Reactions: engineerVOL
So if we go 11-2 again but our passing defense hasn't drastically improved then what should be done with Heupel?

Heupel HAS improved the roster this offseason. Maybe not in the way many fans want him to, but the staff apparently feels very good about the incoming freshmen and growth of the current players.

11-2? Not good enough.

If the coaches don't do it the way I want it done, and get the players I want them to get, then no excuses and ima gone hold them accountable. I'll show em.

So with Halzle getting promoted to OC are we going to look for a great TE coach that can recruit? Or promote like we did with Pope?
Heupel will look for a coach that fits with the current staff. I wouldn't expect some fancy "splash" hire, but I would trust the new hire will bring continuity.

So if we go 11-2 again but our passing defense hasn't drastically improved then what should be done with Heupel?

Heupel HAS improved the roster this offseason. Maybe not in the way many fans want him to, but the staff apparently feels very good about the incoming freshmen and growth of the current players.

If Heupel goes back to back 11-2 then we need to give him another raise. Ya'll are ridiculous with expectations, we still are playing Bama and Georgia both each year.

97/98 was the last time UT went back to back 11 win (which is also the ONLY time it's happened in program history).

QB - Joe Milton
RB - Jabari Small/Jaylen Wright
WR - Bru McCoy/Ramel Keyton/Squirrel White
TE - Jacob Warren/McCallan Castles
OL - Jeremiah Crawford/Andrej Karic/Cooper Mays/Javontez Spraggins/John Campbell or Gerald Mincey

DL - Transfer/Omari Thomas/Dajon Terry/Tyler Baron
LB - Keenan Pili/Aaron Beasley
Secondary - Rickey Gibson/Brandon Turnage at DB
Doneiko Slaughter/Andre Turrentine at the safety spots.
(I'm putting my own because I hate Tank, Hadden, and Burrell, but you can just about bet those 3 will be starters next year....thanks Willie)

Not a bad potential starting lineup
Why Gibson over Matthews? All the talk I hear is how Matthews is elite... no slight to Gibson

The first one. May be still coaching and requiring a Co-OC title.

Edit: I listened to what Hubbs said, but if it’s an established TE’s coach at another program or a recently fired HC, a title may be needed. Whatever actual playcalling not handled by Heupel will be Halzle’s domain, of course.

Last edited:
Apparently, Jim McElwain made an account on CMU’s message board to apologize for their lackluster season.

Looking forward to seeing @CoachJoshHeupel on VolNation in the near future. Naturally, he’ll want to get my portal advice first hand.
I just went and looked for the laughs. Either a troll or some lowly individual staffer with an approved university message.

I was really, really looking forward to reading any genuine advice posts, but they aren't there (yet). Dammit.

Reactions: Jimmy Football
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back