The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

On January 4 in Baseball History...
  • 1936 - As the second part of the December 10 deal for Jimmie Foxx, the Boston Red Sox get Doc Cramer and Eric McNair from the A's for Hank Johnson, Al Niemiec, and $75,000. Boston will get the best of the deal. Foxx is an All-Star six times in seven seasons, he smacks 222 homers, and bats .300 five times in a Red Sox uniform.

• 1942 - Rogers Hornsby becomes the 14th player selected to the Hall of Fame, getting 78 percent of the vote. His offensive numbers rival those of any player before or since. Hornsby and Ted Williams are the only players to win the Triple Crown twice, and Hornsby' s .424 mark in 1924 is the highest National League average in the 20th century.

• 1957 - The Dodgers buy a 44-passenger twin-engine airplane for $775,000, which they will use to transport the club during the season. They are the first team to own their own plane.

• 1977 - Mary Shane is hired by the Chicago White Sox as the first woman TV play-by-play announcer.

On January 4 in Baseball History...

• 1936 - As the second part of the December 10 deal for Jimmie Foxx, the Boston Red Sox get Doc Cramer and Eric McNair from the A's for Hank Johnson, Al Niemiec, and $75,000. Boston will get the best of the deal. Foxx is an All-Star six times in seven seasons, he smacks 222 homers, and bats .300 five times in a Red Sox uniform.

• 1942 - Rogers Hornsby becomes the 14th player selected to the Hall of Fame, getting 78 percent of the vote. His offensive numbers rival those of any player before or since. Hornsby and Ted Williams are the only players to win the Triple Crown twice, and Hornsby' s .424 mark in 1924 is the highest National League average in the 20th century.

• 1957 - The Dodgers buy a 44-passenger twin-engine airplane for $775,000, which they will use to transport the club during the season. They are the first team to own their own plane.

• 1977 - Mary Shane is hired by the Chicago White Sox as the first woman TV play-by-play announcer.
Bet she was less annoying than Beth Mowins.

TN Vols win over Alabama this year brought this song out of the attic .....

I’ve listened to country music on a Country Music Radio Station, and I’ve never heard of this Song.

Also I saw the Crimson Tide had an incredible field entrance in the 2022 Sugar Bowl because the lights were off, Fire shooting upward similar to what I’ve seen the Tennessee Titans use for home games, and the lights off.
I do hate the Crimson Tide football team because I’m a Volunteers football fan, however I’ll admit that was one amazing unforgettable entrance.

Also the Crimson Tide have stunning Baton twirlers that are babes.

Hubba Hubba Hubba, and Have Mercy! Also i think of the song Paradise City when I look at this photo of the stunning Alabama Baton Twirlers.
I think of the great song Paradise City by Guns and Roses when I look at the stunning Alabama Baton Twirlers .

I’m getting a picture with the Crimson Baton twirlers if I can when I see a Volunteers Crimson Tide Football game.

076C037C-520A-4935-982C-E30BCD72F964.jpeg
From left to right is the third Alabama Baton Twirler that is mostly visible for full body, and she is an Alabama Barbie.

Marvel at these stunning Crimson Baton Twirlers.
They look like Maxim Models.

6B31AF45-AD57-4184-AA59-8970B739B845.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve listened to country music on a Country Music Radio Station, and I’ve never heard of this Song.

Also I saw the Crimson Tide had an incredible field entrance in the 2022 Sugar Bowl because the lights were off, Fire shooting upward similar to what I’ve seen what the Tennessee Titans use for home games, and the lights off.
I do hate the Crimson Tide football team because I’m a Volunteers football fan, however I’ll admit that was one amazing unforgettable entrance.

Hubba Hubba Hubba, and Have Mercy! Also i think of the song Paradise City when I look at this photo of the stunning Alabama Baton Twirlers.
I think of the great song Paradise City by Guns and Roses when I look at the stunning Alabama Baton Twirlers .

I’m getting a picture with the Crimson Baton twirlers if I can when I see a Volunteers Crimson Tide Football game.

View attachment 529009
From left to right is the third Alabama Baton Twirler that is mostly visible for full body, and she is an Alabama Barbie.

View attachment 529008
Wouldn’t mind getting a couple of those in the transfer portal.

Also I saw the Crimson Tide had an incredible field entrance in the 2022 Sugar Bowl because the lights were off, Fire shooting upward similar to what I’ve seen what the Tennessee Titans use for home games, and the lights off.

View attachment 529009

View attachment 529008
I never thought it possible but I think OB has met his match!😂

So as I’m about to cross the street, a black bmw zooms by and I had to jump back. I’m thinking to myself “that A-hole looked familiar!” And then I notice the license plate says “SANTI”
I’m on campus btw...
😂

So as I’m about to cross the street, a black bmw zooms by and I had to jump back. I’m thinking to myself “that A-hole looked familiar!” And then I notice the license plate says “SANTI”
I’m on campus btw...
😂

Cool story, bro. Details don't matter when you say "SANTI". Some have no clue of what u speak. Certainly, not me. Does that mean Santi Clause? Asking for a friend living down the street.

Reactions: VolPack22
I’m on campus btw...
😂

Was there a soccer player in the passenger seat? I'm sure Mad wants to know.

Don’t remember seeing him in the Orange Bowl.
Might have been blocking that day. Not certain why CJH didn't call his number on offense.

Frankly, I don't recall seeing that much from Warren all season. But, with Fant moving on and a thin TE room, would seem to be quite beneficial that he returns. Plus, seems to be a good dude and positive senior leader.

VN Store

Back