Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. Alabama

Officials tried to make it interesting but we were having none of it. Great first half. This team is starting to gel.

This is a good Alabama team. Not great, but very good. They are well coached, deep experience on the perimeter and elite shooting from 3. We have done a nice job defending them except for about 3 minutes in the first quarter.

There is a reason they were picked 4th in the SEC.

She is getting better every game she plays. Her defense has really been tough today as well.

Tess has really good size for her position and has improved her strength remarkably from when she came to UT. For a player like Barber she’s a nightmare. Tess is bigger and faster than her in every direction.

Maybe it's partly because of body styles, but Jackson reminds me more of Chamique Holdsclaw than of Candace Parker. She could be as great as Mique if she were a a rebound hound like Holdsclaw was.

Yeah that’s who I always think of. I have Mique flashbacks quite often watching Rickea. Same ‘tude too.

Tess has really good size for her position and has improved her strength remarkably from when she came to UT. For a player like Barber she’s a nightmare. Tess is bigger and faster than her in every direction.

I don't feel like Tess is faster than Barber, but she's playing smarter than Barber.

Hollingshead is really playing very well after a not so good game against Florida. If she can play like this most games watch out Final 4. Not taking anything away from all the others playing well at all but it is so great to see Hollingshead playing at this level. Anybody who had doubts about us making the NCAA tourney was totally unrealistic. So many weapons

Need to see if we can get Horston or Puckett going from outside opposite Darby. They are going to be running at Tess when she catches it now.

Spread them out the other way in the second half and then we can let our bigs shoot layups in the 4th quarter. They have been packing it in quite a bit and outside of Darby that has paid off.

They just can’t guard Rickea Jackson. Not sure anyone can. Just makes it look easy. Sometimes I think that’s almost an issue for her. Athletically she can do things others just can’t so defensively she can cheat or be slightly lazy because she can recover. Also looks like she’s not even trying which is a thing of beauty offensively, it’s effortless, but that translates different to coach on the other end lol

VN Store

Back