Ticket Prices Plummeting

Waited last year until GameDay to buy tickets at the Music City Bowl and they skyrocketed.

Bought early this year for Orange Bowl, and they've gone from $140/each to $38/each this AM (plus processing fees) on seatgeek.

Derp.
In 98 I was so proud of my self for being able to save and buy 12 of my closest family members tickets to see the Orange bowl.
They were upper level and cost $85 dollars a piece from the University. We get down there and they are scalping tickets, lower level, for $10 a piece. So not only did we watch a game where the highlight was David Leverton's 70yd punt, but we froze to death in the upper bowl.

Of course YMMV but my limited experience is that there will always be inexpensive tickets available at the stadium for most games (not super bowl or national championship or maybe SEC championship). A friend and I went to the Orange Bowl for TN vs Nebraska and bought 30 yardline tickets for 15 each. Inflation has happened, of course, but I would expect to get tickets for 20 bucks or less if I popped down to the OB tonight. I went to TN vs Auburn a couple of years ago and paid about 15 per ticket for great seats and retail was way way over 100 bucks. Just be patient and courteous and don't panic. Someone will have tickets they no longer need and are willing to part with for a reasonable price. Of course, "reasonable" is very subjective. Even free tickets are often given away at most any game (yes, there are certainly exceptions). Tonights OB should not be an exception.
Go Big Orange!!!

Reactions: CornDontGrow
I've never understood why scalpers load up on bowl tickets. Playoff tickets, sure, but bowl tickets are already expensive at face value, so unless they're really good seats, I don't see them being profitable.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Got my entire family (8 of us) into the TaxSlayer bowl Dobbs first year. Also my son's freshman year in the POTS marching band.
First good bowl game in a while. All 8 of us.

$130

Bought, or was given free, Tix outside the stadium.

Went to upper deck with ticks scattered from the end zone, lower and upper decks. Walked to the 50, went about 15 rows up to where it was empty, and all sat down together.

Profit.

In 98 I was so proud of my self for being able to save and buy 12 of my closest family members tickets to see the Orange bowl.
They were upper level and cost $85 dollars a piece from the University. We get down there and they are scalping tickets, lower level, for $10 a piece. So not only did we watch a game where the highlight was David Leverton's 70yd punt, but we froze to death in the upper bowl.

Gonna bring another layer tonight to wear.

Hopefully Skrewball fixes all.

Reactions: Sandman 423
Airline fiasco helped I’m sure.
Having most of UT's offense out for the game also dampened enthusiasm. We aren't the high flying juggernaut we were before Hooker went down....not even close.

When I was living in West Palm and Oklahoma played Bama in the Orange bowl in the first round of the playoff, I got in for about 50 bucks after seeing the same thing happen on the day of the game.

Having most of UT's offense out for the game also dampened enthusiasm. We aren't the high flying juggernaut we were before Hooker went down....not even close.

Thanks there sunshine.🙄

Same thing @ the Peach bowl for me last time we played Clemson.... Paid $65 each and scalpers $15 lower level

VN Store

Back