Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're pretty infamous for attempting to use huge outliers as substantive support for prognostications that aren't panning out for you. Saying "there's a chance" isn't a particularly persuasive argument. Sells lots of lottery tickets though.

Never said what "can't" happen but can point out Warner was a star by his 2nd season on an NFL roster and Harrison in the Pro Bowl in his 5th.

Warner was cut as a rookie then had to bounce around the Arena league and NFL Europe. That's why his 2nd season in the NFL was at age 28. At least Dobbs has been able to hang around in the NFL up to now.

Harrison was a position player. A lot easier to prove yourself when you're guaranteed snaps even as a backup. QBs don't have that luxury. They only play if the guy ahead of them gets hurt or is inept.

Dobbs is actually ahead of Warner and Harrison's pace when you consider he's been able to stay in the league and as a non-position player he doesn't have a history of failure before success like Harrison.

You just can't admit you were wrong can you? Bless your heart.

Look at my avatar. That was me admitting I was wrong on a lost bet. If you want me to admit I was wrong about Dobbs having early success in the NFL then I'll admit me to that. But I'm not gonna say I was wrong about his talent because I don't think I am. I truly believe if he gets a legitimate chance to start in the NFL he will succeed. You can choose not to believe in him. But you won't convince me to change my belief until I see him fail as a starter.

We’re gonna get Thornton from Oregon.
Sounds promising. I was just commenting on how Georgia seems obsessed with keeping us from getting a stud RB. We pursue Marshawn Lloyd, so they pursue Marshawn Lloyd. They don't need a RB with who they have on their roster.

UT asked Thomas and Lovett to move their visits to January. They actually rescheduled Thomas from the last recruiting weekend, knowing UGA was pushing for him. You don't do that with sought-after players without being prepared to lose them. It's like those commitments the coaches held off on taking-- those guys went elsewhere, too. Clearly, UT thinks these players are replaceable because they know guys ready to commit aren't going to hang around and play wait and see.

UT asked Thomas and Lovett to move their visits to January. They actually rescheduled Thomas from the last recruiting weekend, knowing UGA was pushing for him. You don't do that with sought-after players without being prepared to lose them. It's like those commitments the coaches held off on taking-- those guys went elsewhere, too. Clearly, UT thinks these players are replaceable because they know guys ready to commit aren't going to hang around and play wait and see.
It is obvious that UT is not going to be pressured to take portal players and over value them. We have a good receiver group and adding Thompson should round out group.
I hope all of our remaining receivers stay. I have heard that we might lose 3 receivers. 2 have left, but the 3rd is playing in the bowl. Hopefully he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back