‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

Nkih.gif
PWO

Reactions: peaygolf
conflicting info....

Scholarship or PWO?

Neither. He'll be labeled an extremely preferred walk on. He'll then have to work a part time job at the Waffle House to cover tuition. Waffle House will then donate one dollar of every All Star breakfast sold in Tennessee to 'The Eric Berry fund to cover tuition for guys who play good, but not good enough for a scholarship'. It's a pilot program that many SEC schools are looking to replicate.

This is the part of NIL that I was actually happy about.
Indeed. If we can have the NIL allow us to add a player of his caliber, it's fantastic. You know other schools are already doing it so why not? In a weird way, it kinda reminds me of the Huskers walk on program.

Besides the scholly money itself, are there any limitations to training table and facilities use for the 20 PWOS?

How about just WO’S?

Gotta love it!!!!!!

"Obviously, having the chance to play locally was a key determiner in the end as well.

"It was a big appeal," Bishop said on staying home. "I live 15 minutes from campus, so to have my family be able to get there will be good. It will always be great to always be a few minutes from there. It ended up being a dream come true. A kid's dream to play at Neyland and dreaming of Tennessee, so that is going to be fun." "

Just In: Local RB DeSean Bishop Commits to Vols, Makes 'Dream Come True'

Everyone hopes he succeeds here, they'd be stupid not to. I think the issue was not everyone thought he was worthy of a scholarship with the numbers being so tight in this class, but he's coming in as a PWO and can earn a scholarship: problem solved.

Truthfully, the only opinion that matters are the Coach's. I'd trust them over a bunch of overweight Armchair Coach wannabes.

Besides the scholly money itself, are there any limitations to training table and facilities use for the 20 PWOS?

How about just WO’S?
I was a PWO for the track/cross country team. I had the same privileges and access as everyone else, just maybe not the attention Bryce Brown was getting lol

Not the biggest fan of Bishop. He'll have to mature...a lot...to be a net positive.

Dang, imagine if he had really worked and matured in HS. Just casually he was limited to only winning the 5A MR. Football twice. Heck with a little effort he could have ended up as THE all time leading rusher instead of settling for second.

Is blue font really needed here?

He is not a big back, nor a burner, but was impressive none the less.

His senior Hudl reminds me a lot of Jabari Small. Jabari has been a really nice back for us. Would love to have a stud RB in the backfield though.

I'm sure they have it worked out that it won't cost him much through financial aid or what have you.... but Idk exactly how it all works.
I get that. But being a PWO, behind full ride guys, how much of a look are you really going to get?
Personally, I'd go somewhere where I know I'm gonna get a real shot at PT.

VN Store

Back