‘23 GA S Tyler Scott (Auburn)

He's actually ranked as a corner now on 247. But my guess is it's too late to get back in. Smith decommitting at the last minute like this hurts us with high school recruits looking to sign this week, and I believe this young man has moved on.

This is why schools are perfectly in their rights to recruit over and drop commits. Because crap like this happens all the time. Tennessee would’ve been better off taking Scott’s commitment, then dropping him if we didn’t have room, but they did right by him and now we’re screwed.

What does that mean?…Trying
Recruiting him again. They slow played him before. I actually think he is a better prospect than smith. Da Brook (his school) plays the top level of players in Cobb county. Football is really good in Cobb (Marietta, Harrison, McEachern, Hillgroce, etc.)

Smith decommitting so late effed us up. We had passed on other guys for him. Did his decommitment catch the coaches by surprise? Did they feel he was solidly in the boat?

When did he become so important to you...the second he flipped?

Who said he was important to me? I think it sucks he flipped. But acting like oh we really didn’t need him and he was a developmental player at best? That’s a joke. Nobody knows if he could have walked in here and started day 1. Especially given how terrible our secondary is.

Who said he was important to me? I think it sucks he flipped. But acting like oh we really didn’t need him and he was a developmental player at best? That’s a joke. Nobody knows if he could have walked in here and started day 1. Especially given how terrible our secondary is.
Highly unlikely…considering the value they place on veterans. Not trying to sell that he sucks. But he’s not the GENERATIONAL talent our resident GENERATIONAL talent evaluator is pumping either. Not a scrub but highly replaceable imo.

Smith decommitting so late effed us up. We had passed on other guys for him. Did his decommitment catch the coaches by surprise? Did they feel he was solidly in the boat?
Apparently he was telling the coaches he was solid, otherwise he wouldn't have lied to them about taking the Auburn visit. It sucks but it happens.

Apparently he was telling the coaches he was solid, otherwise he wouldn't have lied to them about taking the Auburn visit. It sucks but it happens.
I was just curious because when it first happened, a lot of posters said it didn't catch the coaches by surprise. Now, it seems like it did. Some want to play it off as not a big loss. I disagree. He is a big loss, and his timing in doing it really screwed us. It's not an "oh no we suck now" big loss, but it's still a big loss. He looked to be a solid addition to a secondary that played absolutely horrid this year. Losing a guy like that isn't an "oh well, it isn't a big deal" moment like some are making it out to be. It sucks mightily. We have to fix our secondary.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I was just curious because when it first happened, a lot of posters said it didn't catch the coaches by surprise. Now, it seems like it did. Some want to play it off as not a big loss. I disagree. He is a big loss, and his timing in doing it really screwed us. It's not an "oh no we suck now" big loss, but it's still a big loss. He looked to be a solid addition to a secondary that played absolutely horrid this year. Losing a guy like that isn't an "oh well, it isn't a big deal" moment like some are making it out to be. It sucks mightily. We have to fix our secondary.
It is definitely a loss because he was one heck of an athlete with the size to play right away. But it isn't the type of loss that changes the overall complexion of the class. I agree that the timing is the worst part of it. Thank God for the portal and every other DB in the class being on campus. The coaches have a chance to get a good evaluation on those guys and what they might need from the portal.

VN Store

Back