Hooker loses Maxwell Award to Williams

All of these awards are BS! How can the 2 guys that list the best DB in college football be All-Americans and the guy that won it not be?

On another note, UT winner the student section goes a long ways. That was voted on, unlike all those other BS awards.

My F garden has been empty since 1997. But have solace in this fact. The singular reason that "We are bambozzeld" - "ESPN hates us" - and all the rest of it is.... THEY ARE NOT US! Jealousy. Why did Spurrier have a hard on for UT? We didn't want him.... Jealous. Kirby.. beat the hell outta him when he played. He wants what we gave him. Our fan base... everyone is jealous, none is better than ours. Stadium, Facilities, Tradition, Knoxville, I could go on and on. Jealousy makes them hate us. Bless their hearts.

All these awards are just for show in a way

It a popularity contest in most case and many who vote don’t even know what’s going on in college football games these players play in each week
Similar to the season rankings, when the head coaches turn the voting over to some underling in the athletic department. Pretty much invalidates results.

My F garden has been empty since 1997. But have solace in this fact. The singular reason that "We are bambozzeld" - "ESPN hates us" - and all the rest of it is.... THEY ARE NOT US! Jealousy. Why did Spurrier have a hard on for UT? We didn't want him.... Jealous. Kirby.. beat the hell outta him when he played. He wants what we gave him. Our fan base... everyone is jealous, none is better than ours. Stadium, Facilities, Tradition, Knoxville, I could go on and on. Jealousy makes them hate us. Bless their hearts.
Lol

It a popularity contest in most case and many who vote don’t even know what’s going on in college football games these players play in each week

That seems lazy. I think you are saying this because Hooker lost. Had he won you would be saying boom and congrats to him. These awards are significant if nothing else for the individual player and perception of the coaching staff.

Hooker wins................so what?
Hooker loses...................so what?

Neither one will have anything to do with where he gets drafted.
Get well. Have a great combine. Interview well and have a Great Life!

Awards, award shows are for commercials and FANz that fret about such crap!!

That seems lazy. I think you are saying this because Hooker lost. Had he won you would be saying boom and congrats to him. These awards are significant if nothing else for the individual player and perception of the coaching staff.

No, It doesn't matter whether players win or miss on individual awards. They don't bring 4/5* recruits to the program. They don't matter for those going on to the NFL, either.

A conference championship matters, the playoffs and NCAA championship matters. Anything that isn't a team award might be nice, but they don't matter.

No, It doesn't matter whether players win or miss on individual awards. They don't bring 4/5* recruits to the program. They don't matter for those going on to the NFL, either.

A conference championship matters, the playoffs and NCAA championship matters. Anything that isn't a team award might be nice, but they don't matter.

I guess it’s a coincidence that Lincoln Riley signs 5* QBs all the time huh? Sorry but I disagree. You don’t think Hooker wanted to win the Heisman? You don’t Hyatt isn’t absolutely stoked at winning the Bilitnekoff? BS. I played HS football. You think I didn’t want to win when it came to the lineman competitions? Sure I did.

And these awards absolutely help with recruiting. It shows recruits that this coaching staff knows how to develop talent.

If it can’t be earned on the field, I don’t care about it. These awards are becoming worthless. And I’m including the Belltnikoff too

I guess it’s a coincidence that Lincoln Riley signs 5* QBs all the time huh? Sorry but I disagree. You don’t think Hooker wanted to win the Heisman? You don’t Hyatt isn’t absolutely stoked at winning the Bilitnekoff? BS. I played HS football. You think I didn’t want to win when it came to the lineman competitions? Sure I did.

And these awards absolutely help with recruiting. It shows recruits that this coaching staff knows how to develop talent.

Do you think Hooker or Hyatt would trade the #4 slot in the CFP for a Heisman or Biletnikoff? Of course not because they understand what matters.

Winning produces rings & is the sign of development; individual awards are a by-product of that, not the inverse. That's why AL, GA, OSU are stacking them 3 deep, not because a guy won an individual award but the program didn't make the conference champ game or CFP.

This is foremost a fan thing.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back