Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Heupel is able to go 50% against Bama...which is a huuuuge ask until Bama stops piling up 5* two deep no matter who is their coach...that is still gonna put us behind the 8 ball every other f'n year...now throw UGA in there(and it doesn't look like we are even close to narrowing that gap, so asking a 50% win percentage against them is even more daunting..and you start to see the big picture. It is in our best interests to let somebody else shoulder that stupid burden more often.

The thing is, we will still have to go through one or both of them in the rotating season schedules to get to the playoffs, and then in the playoffs we will have to go through one or both of them if we ever intend on winning a NC, so it's not like we will never play them.

I don't see how this is hard to comprehend. Playing one of the toughest schedules this year did nothing for us except provide one land mine too many.

TCU and OSU neither one would have a better record than us if they had to play our schedule...and they are playing for a title while we are playing for an Orange Bowl trophy.
Saban is getting ready to retire… he is 71 yrs old…. If DW and JH is who we think they are then we will be going on a winning streak like during the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Question: if Hooker was healthy for Vandy, but we sat him to rest him for the playoffs, would he have been kept out of NYC?

Tell Rucker to go cover another team.. so tired of our non biased media
Guy is a fan. I can guarantee you that much.

He's not exactly wrong either. I fully agree with Heupel being CotY, but if we had gone 6-6, I'm pretty sure Kirby would have won it, as Saban did a few times.

Recruiting is obviously a part of being a HC...but so is doing something with said talent. People used to laugh at Kirby (for losing a NC game after 1 play...in OT...in Year 2...). Can't laugh much at him anymore. In the past 2 years he's done more with similar talent to Bama and OSU, while having a worse QB...

HATE that dorky looking Dr Pepper b**** but have to sack up and give credit where due sometimes.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Stetson Bennet, but not the SEC offensive player of the year. . . trash.

Stetson Bennett IV who didn't make first or second team all SEC is your Heisman winner folks!!!

I honestly think they knew they weren't giving to a SEC player this year so they put up a safe option. No one will really argue when he doesn't win it and most will accept he's up there.

Pretty sure it'll be Caleb or CJ, had Caleb/USC won their Pac-12 championship game it wouldn't even be close.

13 games Caleb: 296 of 448, 66.1%, 4075 passing yards, 37 TDs, 4 INTs with 372 rushing yards and 10 TDs
12 games Stroud: 235 of 355, 66.2%, 3340 passing yards, 37 TDs, 6 INTs with 74 rushing yards and 0 TDs
13 games Duggan: 239 of 368, 64.9%, 3321 passing yards, 30 TDs, 4 INTs with 404 rushing yards and 6 TDs
13 games Stetson: 269 of 396, 67.9%, 3425 passing yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs with 184 rushing yards and 7 TDs

11 games Hendo: 229 of 329, 69.6%, 3135 passing yards, 27 TDs, 2 INTs with 430 rushing yards and 5 TDs

Honestly side by side like that Hendo should have been in over Duggan.

and tbh, this is the first time I've paid the least bit of attention in 10+ years...that said, I thought they invited 5?
Im with you, I dont even bother watching the presentation on espn anymore (been 10+ years). I get tired of the “heisman moment” bs and the the talking heads only focusing on the qb’s from the final 4 teams. Same 💩, just a different year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back