Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.b0b9c2903281823a0bf50940a3fed532

Uh.... from the transfer portal.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'll be interested in who we actually pursue. Looks like a lot of talent out there, and the pool just keeps getting bigger.

Retool our defense!

Jimmy Football officially on the fence. Got a call from Prime today.

Could be on the move; gonna need a big NIL deal from Frank to keep me here. We’ll see if he comes through…
Frank told me to tell you that while we are flush with NIL cash right now, we are opting against offering you a big NIL deal at this time. We have some really, really good posters that we are reviewing from the poster portal. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

I watched the entire 8 minute clip. Put whatever pictures you want on the front and back covers. The meat of the book is what's important. He told the team that it was all about him. Hit the portal. He didn't care. Some unnamed portion of them had already lost their job to the luggage he's binging him with him. I assume part of that was saying that his son is also coming and is guaranteed a starting position?

It was literally repeating explicitly and in various ways: "It's all about me. Benefit me or get out. Some of you have no chance no matter what you do. The portal starts tomorrow."

If I was the AD, buzzers would be going off and I'd be updating my resume.

speaking of buzzers going off...

this whole arrangement is weird

I saw a Facebook post that had a sign that said "We have a stairway to heaven but a highway to hell. It's obvious that there's more people going to hell."

It had a posted note on the sign that said "The infrastructure in hell will be better because that's where all the engineers are."

Shared that with my son. 😅
1670256902499.gif

I watched both of his team meetings with Jackson State and with Colorado in their entirety:

I don't think that the shortened clips/quotes from either of the meetings were as profound nor as damning as they came across on social media (as is often the case). His unrivaled confidence allows him to be honest, almost to the point of insulting.

I admit, I almost turned the Jackson State one off a few times. Deion is full of himself. I do think the coach/player dynamic that he has with his team is interesting, different than most. I'd have a hard time not feeling abandoned if I were the majority of those Jackson State players. To add insult to injury, he's going to handpick who he wants to go with him. So in a few weeks you'll be sitting there like looking around the locker room like "damn, I guess Deion and the cool kids bolted." Though, you can see from some of the kids talking in the Jackson State video that they do admire him and he's built a culture there.

In both of the videos, there are little off-comments made about Jackson, MS. Crime, clean air, water, resources. I don't blame Deion for bolting from a city/environment that is not his job to fix. He's there to be the coach, and there are so many bigger, nastier issues in the Jackson community that a head coach should not have to handle. I think that the players, members of the admin/school there, and other people from the Jackson community will have a lot to say about Deion over the next year or so. He'll return the favor.

I'll say this about Deion - he is who he is. He's consistent. He walked into that Colorado team meeting, to what is pretty much a dead program, and told them exactly how it's going to be, and showed them exactly who he is. He owes it to those players on the roster to show them what they're in for right away, and he did that. You can call it abrasive, rude, classless, whatever. You can't call it dishonest.

For better or for worse, I think he's going to do what he wants with the Colorado program and with the kids that he recruits there. It will be interesting to follow, certainly more entertaining than Colorado has been in decades. They'll be must-see at least.

I don't really have a strong opinion of Deion. He reminds me of other people I've met in life with massive egos - can be fun or interesting in spurts, can be off-putting after a while. He's not our coach so I don't really have to care or have a strong opinion. We'll see what he can do.

I watched the whole clips too. It was a bit cringy at times but I don’t think it was as bad as it was made out to be on social media.

My only real criticism was when Deion, in the introductory press conference, asked his son to stand up or looked for him in the crowd and said “that’s your quarterback..”. He tried to follow it up by saying he’s going to have to earn it, but it felt like back pedaling a bit. It’s cool if you have a great deal of confidence in your son, but naming him starter before seeing any QBs on the field? Yikes. If I was a QB on that team or in the portal I doubt I’m going to Colorado knowing his son is probably starting no matter what.

I watched the whole clips too. It was a bit cringy at times but I don’t think it was as bad as it was made out to be on social media.

My only real criticism was when Deion, in the introductory press conference, asked his son to stand up or looked for him in the crowd and said “that’s your quarterback..”. He tried to follow it up by saying he’s going to have to earn it, but it felt like back pedaling a bit. It’s cool if you have a great deal of confidence in your son, but naming him starter before seeing any QBs on the field? Yikes. If I was a QB on that team or in the portal I doubt I’m going to Colorado knowing his son is probably starting no matter what.
Super douchey move, agreed. He immediately said that his son would have to earn the QB job (yeah, sure) and then commented that his other son didn't make the trip because he's in the dog house, I'm sure trying to show that even his own blood can't escape favoritism. Even still, very cringe.

Man...Akron is a POS coached team if I ever saw one.

Watch the hit the guy puts on Hooker on the pitch. About as dirty as you can get there.

I hate Akron for how they played. I don't have a positive opinion of their coach, and I hope we never give their university a dime again. They knew exactly what they were doing. They ruined Tillman's season and they could have very well started the wear/tear that ended Hooker's season. Trashy program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back