Election Night (or days, or weeks, or whatever) 2022

One of the worst set of picks in history. GA is so screwed if they can't find a better pair than these two clowns. Seems like political candidates all over are simply becoming the least common denominator - this is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel for rancid leavings kind of stuff.
MTG says hey. Oh wait, she’s in Georgia too. Go figure. Low bar to get elected in that state.

Reactions: AM64
I mean how hard is it to add ones. We officially learned that in first grade? I didn't go to Kindergarten, but I think I might have learned some arithmetic before the first grade. It's not even just integers they are dealing with; it's limited to positive integers ... allegedly.

Disagree..we have been dealing with negative integers when it comes to counting

Reactions: AM64
With Mary Peltola retaining her seat, it now appears as though the breakdown in the House will be :

Republicans .... 222
Democrats ....... 213

The 2022 mid-term election cycle resulted in a net gain of just 9 seats in the House of Representatives for Republicans.

With Mary Peltola retaining her seat, it now appears as though the breakdown in the House will be :

Republicans .... 222
Democrats ....... 213

The 2022 mid-term election cycle resulted in a net gain of just 9 seats in the House of Representatives for Republicans.
Not surprised in the least

All things considered it’s a really weak showing for republicans. It’s good enough to get us to gridlock so it’s good enough
I'm not surprised that the showing was what it was. The Democrats will line up and pull the D handle just like the good little sheep they are. I said it when all those polls were saying that the Latino and black vote was leaning more right. 😂. Buncha clowns

Reactions: Vol since 77
I'm not surprised that the showing was what it was. The Democrats will line up and pull the D handle just like the good little sheep they are. I said it when all those polls were saying that the Latino and black vote was leaning more right. 😂. Buncha clowns
Recent history doesn't show that, though.

The mid-term election cycle during Barack Obama's first term in office in 2010, was a bloodbath for the Democratic Party in the House of Representatives, and Obama's approval ratings at the time were higher than Joe Biden's currently are.

Final House Race Decided; GOP Net Gain: 63 Seats - Roll Call

^^^^ The 2010 mid-term election cycle ^^^^

I have no doubt the US Census Bureau is at best inept and at worst corrupt but one thing must happen. The Census must question citizenship or at least residency status (legal or not) and reallocation should be figured on legal residents only.

If it wasn't for that, I bet the blue states lose a dozen reps.

Reactions: Vol737 and hog88
That is an absurdly inefficient system. They've taken the simple concept of a two party, democratic system of elections, and made it unnecessarily complicated.

Fwiw, the low numbers coming in for Sarah Palin are kind of sad.

Dude, everybody should be doing ranked choice voting. It's not inefficient and helps to undermine the partisan stranglehold on the country.

In Alaska, ranked choice voting worked

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Dude, everybody should be doing ranked choice voting. It's not inefficient and helps to undermine the partisan stranglehold on the country.

In Alaska, ranked choice voting worked
Absolutely agree with you on this huff. With ranked choice voting were back to voting for candidates first and then can worry about the defensive vote casting. As you said it helps to break up party partisan grip on voters.

One of the worst set of picks in history. GA is so screwed if they can't find a better pair than these two clowns. Seems like political candidates all over are simply becoming the least common denominator - this is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel for rancid leavings kind of stuff.
It's not GA who they are going screw. And it's pretty clear here what the problem is in GA. GOP needs to stop trotting out morons whose only qualification is their willingness to blow Trump. Kemp and Trump hate each other. Kemp had no problem getting re-elected. But no a brain dead moron suffering from CTE had to be the state wide nominee. Just a decent nominee would have crushed Raphael.

That's a lame rationalization.

Republicans are trying to blame the poor performance of the party in the mid-term elections on forces outside of their control, in order to avoid having to confront their own shortcomings. It's basically Election Denial Part Deux.

Republicans lost winnable elections because they over-played their hand on abortion. They went all in on complete abortion bans with no exceptions, and that's not what moderate suburban women in battleground states want. Abortion rights factored more heavily into voting decisions than what the RNC had anticipated.

Republican primary voters also nominated too many weak, first time candidates who had almost nothing to say beyond pushing the unproven claim that Donald Trump was cheated in 2020 ... just because those were the candidates who Trump had endorsed.

I hope that Republicans keep blaming illegal immigration and supporting this theory on the Census, while also nominating Trump and whoever else he wants in 2024.

They will lose yet again.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back