Offensive Coordinator candidates

I wouldn't mind that. There's a history so the transition would be smoother than most. Wonder how his recruiting is? Know that's probably not such a big deal for coordinators, but I really prefer everyone down to the ball boys to be great recruiters. We can never have too many recruiters. Since he's an OL, maybe he'd have us under center instead of the shotgun when we need a yard or two when the game is on the line? Would be nice.

If it would tick off the resident Stoops it might appeal to Coach.

Dunno about internal for the OC right now.

Out of the box thinking would include Chad Morris or Coastal Carolina's OC, Willy Korn.

You could hire Joe Jon Finley from OU, since he is a TE coach and make he and Halze co-OCs, where Halze works with QBs still. But if Halze is ready to call plays, you can just elevate him and find an internal TE coach.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
You could hire Joe Jon Finley from OU, since he is a TE coach and make he and Halze co-OCs, where Halze works with QBs still. But if Halze is ready to call plays, you can just elevate him and find an internal TE coach.
I get the feeling that Heupel likes to promote from within. Halzle will move to OC and still handle the QB’s and Finley or Jon Cooper join the offensive staff as TE’s coach.

Heupel likes to hire from within, but that doesn't mean he will just give an internal candidate a job if they arent ready for it yet. I'm not saying Halze isn't ready, but he hasn't been with Heupel so long where he is automatically guaranteed the job. He could get a passing game coordinator title and raise and an external canidate could be the OC.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
JH and Halzel have good history. Make Halzel QB coach and OC, spend the extra money on top defensive coach

VN Store

Back