Does USC fall below the VOLS?

Peerlessvol,Yes they drop below us.They were up 17-3,then were outscored 44-7.An ass whipping from the second qtr. on.
That looks bad on paper. But, the master spin committee could say it was an even game at 27-24 in the fourth quarter and the final score isn’t indicative of the game. Just like the BIG commissioner said after OSU lost by 22 to Michigan.

Yes. Where depends on TCUs margin of loss tomorrow.

TCU still isn't likely to fall out of the top 4 regardless. They've beaten more ranked teams than Bama has and obviously still have 1 less loss than Bama does. Also, I can't imagine any way in which jump both Bama and TCU either.

Playoffs should be set now. All that's left is seeding. Guessing it'll be UGA/OSU and Michigan/TCU.

I'll be pulling for TCU but regardless, I just hope UGA gets embarrassed and they have every player transfer out afterwards and that program falls into 20 years of mediocrity.

With no games to play it should not be possible for us to jump over Bama. Maybe if Georgia beats LSU 100-0 and they factor in SOS? Since UGA winning helps our SOS and SOR but LSU losing hurts both teams but hurts Bama worse since they lost to them.
I would say LSU beating Georgia would actually help UT more jump over bammer. We would have a blow out win over the SEC champs in their house!

They should but will Utah be above us now
Nope, everyone in the PAC-12 now has at least 2 losses and the champ has 3 losses so that weakens their conference now. They will not put a 3 loss PAC-12 champ over a 2 loss SEC team.

Maybe if lsu beats uga, we jump bammer.
Our sos would have to be thru roof, plus pile driving sec champs on home turf.

Bigger question is does LSU fall below South Carolina if Georgia hammers them today?

all of you are forgetting that the CFP committee does not follow its own rules
UGA
UM
TCU
BAMA
OSU
TENN
UTAH
USC
they will find a way to get little Nicky's team in the playoff. There will be some obscure rule about losing to a team on the third Saturday in October only counts if Blah, blah, blah...
it's all about the money, they could care less about fairness and the "rules" they make so they can break them.

Talk amongst yourselves.

No, because the CFP committee does use any real rational measurements, they will stare at the one game UT was favored and lost. Bama lost two to teams they were favored, which is ok because it was by a lesser margin. So NOW, it's about the "ok, they lost, but not by much" kind of system. SOS only counts if the CFP Committee prefers another team with a low SOS.

Is it me, but are they doing everything possible not to have two teams from the same conference in the CFP regardless of SOS?

We played better teams, tried to stay competitive with injuries pilling up, and only lost 2 Games, and 1 to the #1 ranked team..........damn if this is not a boondoggle.

Reactions: Truth is honor
all of you are forgetting that the CFP committee does not follow its own rules
UGA
UM
TCU
BAMA
OSU
TENN
UTAH
USC
they will find a way to get little Nicky's team in the playoff. There will be some obscure rule about losing to a team on the third Saturday in October that only counts if Blah, blah, blah...
it's all about the money, and they could care less about fairness and the "rules" they make so they can break them.

Right now, I hope the SEC gets two teams in, just to rub it in the face of the B10. What a crock, they play Mich, Penn State, and OSU and the rest of the league sucks....wow!

No way a one loss TCU gets jumped by Alabama in my opinion, the only thing USC had going for them was one loss and a possible conference championship, they have deemed Bama the King of the two loss teams but I dont think it matters TCU even losing badly gets in. I do think USC drops below us tho, we should wind up 6 in the final rankings.

Nope, everyone in the PAC-12 now has at least 2 losses and the champ has 3 losses so that weakens their conference now. They will not put a 3 loss PAC-12 champ over a 2 loss SEC team.
Which 2 loss SEC team specifically? Bama? Certainly not. UT...well...you better secure that cup youngster. The one thing we have in our favor is that we were drawing big time eyeballs. If Hooker were still the QB, I would agree. Now, I'm not so sure. I can hear the justification now about how the committee gives such weight to a conference champ. A bowl will want eyeballs and fannies in the seats. I think we'd provide more of both than Utah would so we might be safe...might.

Any chance the committee decides to move Tennessee over Bama Sunday? I know it’s extremely unlikely. They know it was the most controversial ranking on the list. They could argue that Florida’s win over utah makes Tennessee slightly more impressive than last week. (A man can dream).
Possibly

Just can't see it. To my mind, the only way bama doesn't make the sugar is if they are in the playoffs. A TCU loss might drop them out of the top 4 and let bama slip in but I'm not sure that would happen if the game is close. That's the only scenario I can see that will put UT in the sugar. All hell may break loose today and UGA, UM and TCU all lose but would anyone other than TCU losing in a championship game be enough to knock them out of the playoffs? I kinda doubt it. I think UGA, UM are secure even if they lose. OSU is in now that USC lost. That means it comes down TCU and a 2 loss team. I think the odds on favorite would have to be bama and Young. Can't see UT and Milton at all. I think they'd take USC and Williams over us.

Shouldn't Caleb Williams also be eliminated from the Heisman now as well?
Honestly, I'd still put Hookers numbers and season up against Williams, Stroud and any other candidate. What Hooker did this season before the injury would have him in the top 4 at least and personally, I think he still deserves the trophy.

Talk amongst yourselves.

It’s close. The committee has a history of only dropping teams that lose in the conference championship about 1-3 spaces. Almost like they recognize that team was playing an extra game that everyone else didn’t, so they don’t want to punish them as much as one would during a regular season loss.

And saying 2 loss teams shouldn’t make the playoff aren’t?
The only scenario where they should be considered is if they can't field 4 1 loss or undefeated power five teams. That won't happen this year. So no two loss team should be considered.

VN Store

Back