Does USC fall below the VOLS?

When you get his age people start using it against you. He isn’t going to be around a lot longer he is looking to get out on top and have a good exit in the near future.
No. His biggest priority is being able to name his successor. That's the biggest level of power

They also have 3 loses. I think they get to maybe 8. If they jump penn st 7. They will not jump us as they have one more loss plus we beat Florida and they lost to Florida. So 7th would be a high as they could move I think. GBO
I didn’t say they would jump us. 7th is the ceiling for Utah, regardless of any chaos tomorrow. Tennessee is currently sitting at 6th in the committee’s eye (5th in my rankings).

Any chance the committee decides to move Tennessee over Bama Sunday? I know it’s extremely unlikely. They know it was the most controversial ranking on the list. They could argue that Florida’s win over utah makes Tennessee slightly more impressive than last week. (A man can dream).

It will suck even more hugely if Bama gets in and wins it. Which they probably will.

I think Bama gets in if TCU loses tomorrow.
Even if it is close in the BigXII championship.
I hate it, but would absolutely love it if we go to the Sugar Bowl. It means more to me than the Orange.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
No. His biggest priority is being able to name his successor. That's the biggest level of power
Whatever they are going to continue to use his age against him. Saban will probably have the power to name his successor that has nothing to do with his timetable for retirement which is getting closer by the day and the more struggles they have the tougher it will get. GBO!

Reactions: Orange Swagger
emphatic YES

They we’re already behind Tennessee in almost everything except the rankings……and they just had the 1 loss.

Their SOS isn’t as strong not even close.
Their SOR isn’t as strong
Their FPI isn't
They don’t have as good of wins
And now they got 2 losses and 1 by 4 scores

They did play an extra game……but that’s literally the ONLY thing they have over Tennessee.

I would say they they fall below P-ST……if this wasn’t a championship game.

I just don’t think they drop them that far because it was an “extra” game.

If it were a regular game they would most certainly drop below P-ST as well.

How I would rank right now

1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio St
5. Tennessee
6. Alabama
7. USC
8. Clemson

Absent an absolute beatdown by KSU, the 4 teams in playoff are set...

I’d have only one difference.

Until tomorrow, I would have P-ST ahead of Clemson. Only because P-ST lost to 2&4. Clemson lost twice to 8-4 teams once by 21 points.

If Clemson wins tomorrow I would have them 8th as well. USC would stay even if Clemson wins……cause both USC losses came vs Utah.

I’d like to have Utah up there but hard to drop a team that far by losing in their championship.

After the dust settles be a good time to see where everyone belongs.

USC will likely (assuming no more upsets) drop to 7 Bama and UT move up to 5 and 6 respectively. OSU 4th. If one of the other top 3 lose (by less than 3 scores) they drop to 4 and OSU to 3. Seeing how this season has gone so far nationwide never say never but I think the talent gap between UGA and Michigan and their respective opponents mean they are very unlikely to lose. TCU is a whole other story. I think they have used up all their rabbit feet. They are a good team but they are not deep or tested vs elite opponents yet. I think if they played an SEC schedule they'd have 8 wins tops. JMO

Reactions: Orange Swagger
How I would rank right now

1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio St
5. Tennessee
6. Alabama
7. USC
8. Clemson

Absent an absolute beatdown by KSU, the 4 teams in playoff are set...
With no games to play it should not be possible for us to jump over Bama. Maybe if Georgia beats LSU 100-0 and they factor in SOS? Since UGA winning helps our SOS and SOR but LSU losing hurts both teams but hurts Bama worse since they lost to them.

With no games to play it should not be possible for us to jump over Bama. Maybe if Georgia beats LSU 100-0 and they factor in SOS? Since UGA winning helps our SOS and SOR but LSU losing hurts both teams but hurts Bama worse since they lost to them.

Utah winning helps or should ever so slightly, because of Florida. Florida beat the PAC champs and Tennessee beat Florida.

Again doesn’t do much now but…….who knows how close things are.

Any chance the committee decides to move Tennessee over Bama Sunday? I know it’s extremely unlikely. They know it was the most controversial ranking on the list. They could argue that Florida’s win over utah makes Tennessee slightly more impressive than last week. (A man can dream).
All hell would break loose if they moved TN over Bama when both are idle. I’ll allow it

VN Store

Back