Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still too soon and frankly painful, but we would actually have a shot at a bye and the top 4 seeds under the 12-team playoff format.

My understanding is the top four conference champions will receive the automatic bids for the top four spots, and with the plan to eliminate divisions in the SEC, we would be the ones going to Atlanta to play UGA in a rematch for the conference title. (Because, our head-to-head against Bama would in fact be the determining factor there. 😉)

Crazy turn of events in the last nine days, but I’m excited that this is on the horizon because what’s released by the committee tomorrow will in all likelihood be a travesty to the sport.
They will prove a lot about their standards with the Vols/Bama placement.

5 Criteria:

1. Strength of Schedule
2. Head to Head Result
3. Top 25 Results
4. Results vs Common Opponents
5. Strength of Schedule again?

5ds-of-dodgeball-dodge.gif

Hiring Urban Meyer is kind of like hooking up with that really easy, dirty chick. It will be fun for a minute, but then it starts burning when you pee.

Urban can give fairly immediate success, which is fun in the moment. But the baggage he leaves behind is horrible at a program level, so the long-term pain, discomfort and embarrassment just isn't worth it.
Thus sound like experience talking!

I wonder how any of the teams, not in the SEC, but in the top 20 would fair playing a normal SEC schedule. Let just take our season for example how would Clemson, Michigan, TCU or OSU do with our schedule. Or just say Auburn's schedule..... that is something that is NEVER taken into account by anybody..........not in the SEC.

I wonder how any of the teams, not in the SEC, but in the top 20 would fair playing a normal SEC schedule. Let just take our season for example how would Clemson, Michigan, TCU or OSU do with our schedule. Or just say Auburn's schedule..... that is something that is NEVER taken into account by anybody..........not in the SEC.
Playing our schedule just this season:
Mich 10-2
Clemson 8-4/7-5
TCU 8-4
OSU 10-2/9-3

Jmo

We talk about rival games and keeping this one or that one in the "new" schedule....why. Let everybody keep one if you must but rotate through the league and have a home and away for every team in the Conference. Tennessee and Vandy have been playing for 119 years, Alabama 105, Kentucky 118, Georgia 52, Florida 52. Is UT Bamas biggest rival, no that's Auburn. Is UT Florida or Georgia's biggest rival no that would be the game they play against each other. So who do you keep. The way sports are trending now the value of a well rounded conference schedule is going to be more important than one or two rival games.

Wouldn't mind keeping one if our one is Candy. I'm actually for keeping 3 permanent opponents and rotating the other 12 every year. That way every 4 year player plays every team home and away over their career. Would prefer our 3 be Candy, UK, and Bama.

We had season tickets for a while and anytime we took someone to the Schemerhorn they were impressed.
If you ever get the chance to hear the Symphony play Bolero, Scheherazade or Rhapsody in Blue, go. You will not be disappointed.
I've always wanted to go to the Symphony, but my wife isn't interested.

Inherited a 2-9 Bowling Green team and then goes 17-6 in his 2 seasons before leaving for Utah.
Inherited a 5-6 Utah team and then goes 22-2 in his 2 seasons there before leaving for Florida.
Inherited a 7-5 Zook squad and then goes 65-15 in his 6 years there winning 2 BCS Championships.
Inherited a 6-7 Ohio State team and then goes 83-9 in his 7 years there winning 1 CFP Championship.

Urban Meyer is a total POS, but you're not 187-32 in your 17 years as a college coach for 4 different programs if you only win with superior talent and taking over for a program in Ohio where he's a known name already with a program that Fickell has built up already would basically be inheriting superior talent for the American conference.

Also Cincinnati going to a Big 12 without Texas or OU will still have the potential to be a superior talent team.
Not going to argue, but just emphasize the the total POS part.

That would be very disappointing. I would understand if he was in his 2nd or 3rd year but to be mad that you didn’t get enough play time as a true freshman on the DL is something no one can satisfy.
This will be the new norm though. The transfer portal is going to become more important than high school recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back