Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Go Lady Vols. This team has its warts but also a roster that has talent at every position. If the coaching staff and this team fixes such warts I believe we will all be very happy in March. Go Lady Vols. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Greatest of Thanksgiving is GOD who became flesh and died for our sins. In CHRIST Alone

Let's keep religious proselytizing off the board, yes?

If I overheard a doctor giving this early prognosis, I would seriously question their bedside manner.

The cure doesn’t rely upon me, so this isn’t really much of a relevant observation. There’s also a body of work there to justify some skepticism. So, yes, I hope it gets better and the same issues which have afflicted Harper’s team are addressed. But, I have my doubts and with reason.

I think there are more than one way to be 100%behind KJH. One way is to only say positive things about her and her coaching regardless of the issues that emerge during a season. For me, this is hard to do when there are some very questionable decisions being made at certain times. This doesn't mean that a criticism has to be done in a way that is demeaning to Coach or to insist that this year will be a failure despite how early it is. It is the interest of the LVs for Kellie to completely turn this season around. If she doesn't, then it may be several years before we could have a contender given the impact of a disappointing year on recruiting transfers and high school students. I much prefer for the LVs to completely turn this season around, and for Kellie to surprise her skeptics. This is a much better scenario than going through a slow but inevitable firing like we had with Warlick, and then for it to take several years for a new coach to build back up our reputation and talent.

I think there are more than one way to be 100%behind KJH. One way is to only say positive things about her and her coaching regardless of the issues that emerge during a season. For me, this is hard to do when there are some very questionable decisions being made at certain times. This doesn't mean that a criticism has to be done in a way that is demeaning to Coach or to insist that this year will be a failure despite how early it is. It is the interest of the LVs for Kellie to completely turn this season around. If she doesn't, then it may be several years before we could have a contender given the impact of a disappointing year on recruiting transfers and high school students. I much prefer for the LVs to completely turn this season around, and for Kellie to surprise her skeptics. This is a much better scenario than going through a slow but inevitable firing like we had with Warlick, and then for it to take several years for a new coach to build back up our reputation and talent.
nothing wrong with this post for the realist. Easier to come eat crow because she turned it around than it is is to keep losing games and trust by the fans.

Reactions: mcannon1
nothing wrong with this post for the realist. Easier to come eat crow because she turned it around than it is is to keep losing games and trust by the fans.
Except for the placement of it. This thread is for the support and positive influence of the lady vols team. There are countless threads for you to drop negative garbage on them. Please honor one simple request ...if you can't say something good say it somewhere else

Reactions: Lucy and lvocd
She needs to go unfortunately. Love her, but her teams have not met the standard of excellence that Pat Summit deserves them to be meeting. I would throw big money at one of the premier head coaches and dare them to refuse (Stanford, SCAR, Baylor, maryland, Louisville, ND, Oregon, nc state, etc).

She needs to go unfortunately. Love her, but her teams have not met the standard of excellence that Pat Summit deserves them to be meeting. I would throw big money at one of the premier head coaches and dare them to refuse (Stanford, SCAR, Baylor, maryland, Louisville, ND, Oregon, nc state, etc).
Your inclusion of Baylor tells me you don’t really follow women’s basketball.

The record is what it is, playing a different schedule not filled with Carson Newman is a unknown based on losing all the games to teams ranked lower than us at the time. Could be 0-6 and anything in-between to 6-0. Win the games you’re supposed to win, not doing that right now.
Would you get off the win the games you are supposed to thing!! How do you even know what those games are!! Comparative Rankings! If that is it why even play. Estimated level of talent? As we have seen it takes a bit to get players working together. Look at the all star games. You have all the talent in the world there but there is no team play, just individuals showing their skill set. A team of equal talents and two months practice would demolish the all star team. Were we supposed to beat IU? IU is a talented mature team with a lot of time together. I was not surprised we lost to them in November. I would be surprised if we lost to them in January. I guess we all have our list of “games we should win”.

Reactions: madtownvol
Would you get off the win the games you are supposed to thing!! How do you even know what those games are!! Comparative Rankings! If that is it why even play. Estimated level of talent? As we have seen it takes a bit to get players working together. Look at the all star games. You have all the talent in the world there but there is no team play, just individuals showing their skill set. A team of equal talents and two months practice would demolish the all star team. Were we supposed to beat IU? IU is a talented mature team with a lot of time together. I was not surprised we lost to them in November. I would be surprised if we lost to them in January. I guess we all have our list of “games we should win”.
Beats getting upset about losing the games you’re supposed to win.

VN Store

Back