ESPN Gameday didn’t discuss the Vols today

That’s what happens when you have one of the most disappointing loses in program history the previous weekend. Respect is earned and we didn’t earn it against a piss poor SCAR team. Flip over to ABC and watch what a real top team does to a crap team like SCAR.
Rattler has already thrown a pick 6

Should they have talked about how we laid down against a garbage USCjr team? Be glad they didn't mention us.

Reactions: tbh and TN1111
No mention on ESPN Game Day is a win for us. Any mention would have been to bash us and laugh it up. To hell with ESPN and Game Day.

Seems like SC is the new media darling of ESPN. I hope Clemson clobbers them as bad if not worse than SCdid us. It might make our loss look worse, but it would bring SC back down to earth where they belong.

Tennessee is no longer a big story this season to the Sports Media since they all time shyatt their bed last week. I wont be shocked if Tennessee is screwed out of a New Years Six bowl game and winds up in the Citrus Bowl.

Reactions: D-rock
We lost by a lot to a bad team. We are irrelevant in the big picture now. And to make matters worse, Rattler is showing his true self against Clemson right now and we made him look like a Manning.

Reactions: VolRage
Tennessee is no longer a big story this season to the Sports Media since they all time shyatt their bed last week. I wont be shocked if Tennessee is screwed out of a New Years Six bowl game and winds up in the Citrus Bowl.
That’s what we are playing for today, IMO. NY6 or Citrus.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
pathetic mentality. This team has been extremely fun to watch this year. They brought the program back to relevance again. They have more than earned respect. Just because they lost 2 games, you feel the need to trash them, take shots at them, & disregard everything else they have done.

You are a perfect example of whats wrong with a chunk of this fanbase. Everything isn’t perfect at all times, things don’t go exactly how you want them, so you need to act like a spoiled entitled brat. You don’t want to respect them, thats your right. I. Along with the majority of this fanbase, do respect this team.

Loser mentality from a loser “fan”
Idk if you speak for the “majority of this fan base” like you think you do. I think this season proved that the “majority” are fair weather fans. And I think the USC implosion broke a bunch of the true diehards you see on this site.

We lost by a lot to a bad team. We are irrelevant in the big picture now. And to make matters worse, Rattler is showing his true self against Clemson right now and we made him look like a Manning.

Yep. I would have thought that the 10th ranked team with a new QB playing for a NY6 appearance on the road against an opponent coming off back-to-back SEC wins would be worthy of a 30 second discussion, but apparently the rest of America cares more about Penn State vs Michigan State and Kansas State vs Kansas.

Just shows that nothing has changed when it comes to national perception, which is fine. Noteworthy, but fine.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember them talking about Tennessee last week either as part of their picks. Probably because at the time they thought it would be a landslide toward the Vols. 2 of them did pick Vandy as their superdog this week.

Not surprising. We’re only playing Vandy with playoffs no longer in the picture. Plenty of other games with bigger implications to cover.
Meh. We’re playing for the same thing Penn State is playing for. Our storyline seems more relevant to me but I’m biased I suppose. Big game today for the future of our program.

VN Store

Back