Hooker Heisman invite?

I think he gets in invite

However it may depend on how others finish.

Stroud had the big Indiana game but other than that hasn’t been as dominant of late……if USC finishes strong I can see Williams winning it.

He's been the front runner the majority of the year and will likely finish number 2 behind Stroud. After the GA game, I think it was 50/50 whether he could win it and he would have had to play like he did against Missouri against USCjr and Vandy. I'm sure he will be an invited - an injury wouldn't be a deciding factor in inviting him or not with 1 game left before voting.

If he doesn't at least get an invite to NYC it's a complete joke. Even missing one game, he still had among the 2-3 best seasons of anyone in CFB.

If we had won out Hooker would have been the runner up IMHO.
Assuming Hooker isn’t hurt as well.

Paul Hornung says no it doesnt

paul horning played when ND was going to win the heisman regardless. different ball game 50 years later. when was the last time someone won the Heisman not being a contender, Lamar Jackson and before that Manziell and Griffin I guess, so it has been done just rare.

paul horning played when ND was going to win the heisman regardless. different ball game 50 years later. when was the last time someone won the Heisman not being a contender, Lamar Jackson and before that Manziell and Griffin I guess, so it has been done just rare.
if you meant the past 50 yrs then you probably should says "....in the past 50 years" otherwise you'll get proven wrong

Lost it in Athens
Likely was never going to win it anyways. Stroud was always going to get the award. Hooker would’ve needed a great game against Georgia but still loses it if Stroud beats Michigan. Ohio states qb can stat pad all year long and beat one actual team and the media will slobber all over themselves for them. Manning losing the award to Woodson tells you all you need to know about this POS yankee award.

Reactions: Zues1
Didn't Tua get injured one year (ankle) late and still get an invite?
Also, and not to take anything away from Hendon, the field this year is kind of sparse.

If they invite 4, I see it being Stroud, Hooker, Maye, and Young.
They might leave out Maye and send a RB too.
Tua got injured in like the 3rd quarter of the SEC championship game.

Reactions: IndianaVol
The current top 5 Heisman watch. I believe Bennett will take Hooker's...

1. Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
3. Max Duggan, QB, TCU
4. Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
5. Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia

The Heisman Trophy has been irrelevant since the bias northeastern and west coast sportswriters gave it to Woodson over Peyton. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if these liberal windbags gave Hendon’s invite to that arrogant Oompa Loompa Stetson Bennett the 48th. Uncle Rico would be in Heisman contention if he had as many 5 star teammates as telephone man. If Bennett wants to make it in the nfl, he better start working on kicking field goals or punting.

Reactions: LadyVolette
In my opinion the award is truly a BS award now, Horn8ng over Majors, Ward over Schuler, Woodson over Manning. The venerable old Downtown Athletic Club, which championed the award, fully collapsed such that now the award is purely media property, whoever will throw piles of money at the process. Good riddance to the award and their maligned process to select a non SEC winner every time they can.
Woodson was a great player and had a long great NFL career. But I thought Manning should have won.

Lost it in Athens
No, to have to go undefeated thru that gauntlet of a schedule and his stats he has he was still in it and should still get a invite. One has to just look at Hooker’s stats it's really unbelievable what he has put up in 22 starts and I know it's this Years stats and they are impressive thru 11 games only 2 ints he had a great year.

The Heisman Trophy has been irrelevant since the bias northeastern and west coast sportswriters gave it to Woodson over Peyton. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if these liberal windbags gave Hendon’s invite to that arrogant Oompa Loompa Stetson Bennett the 48th. Uncle Rico would be in Heisman contention if he had as many 5 star teammates as telephone man. If Bennett wants to make it in the nfl, he better start working on kicking field goals or punting.

you may hate bennett and he might not get a heisman invite and probably shouldn’t but if he does it ends up being a pretty remarkable story for a guy as limited as he is.

VN Store

Back