Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I recall in the championship game Henderson and Cooke breaking down Uconn.
Fudd has taken control and Muhl is a one speed (high) demon. I know what color my blinders are but they’re probably candidates for best backcourt this year - so far. I need to watch more SC !

Fudd has taken control and Muhl is a one speed (high) demon. I know what color my blinders are but they’re probably candidates for best backcourt this year - so far. I need to watch more SC !

We will find out when they play as for Muhl i see nothing special and will draw Cooke. And Fudd will see a lot of 6-1 Beal 6-4 Amihere 6-0 Hall.

We will find out when they play as for Muhl i see nothing special and will draw Cooke. And Fudd will see a lot of 6-1 Beal 6-4 Amihere 6-0 Hall.
Muhl just broke Buecker's school record for assists in a game with 15, so she is dishing the ball really well. You are right about Fudd though, she will face a whole different defense in size and speed when she plays SC.

Muhl just broke Buecker's school record for assists in a game with 15, so she is dishing the ball really well. You are right about Fudd though, she will face a whole different defense in size and speed when she plays SC.

Thank you for updating me on Muhl i forgot that was bound to happen when you only play 5-6 players.

Missouri up 2 against VaTech at the half (28 -26) in a low-scoring game. Both teams are undefeated. Could be that VaTech doesn't deserve their high ranking. Or maybe Mizzou is better than anyone thought. We'll see how it turns out.

UCLA vs SC on Tuesday, on espn. UCLA is playing well, will be a test for SC after coming off the long road trip. SC has played on the road four straight games now, am sure the crowd will be huge.

I want to see more of freshman Watkins, she is more ready than most GC fans expected. She posted a double double last night in limited minutes. Her game is college ready right now. Hall is coming on strong as a sophomore also, she is my fav young player on the SC team, she is so fluid and her stroke is looking good.

Last edited:
Missouri up 2 against VaTech at the half (28 -26) in a low-scoring game. Both teams are undefeated. Could be that VaTech doesn't deserve their high ranking. Or maybe Mizzou is better than anyone thought. We'll see how it turns out.
VT crushes Missouri in the second half 47-29 to win 73-57. Kitley with 17 points.
Alabama beats Wake Forest 61-58

Tech made some offensive adjustments at the half and got it going in the third quarter. By the time Mizzou figured it out they were way behind.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Tech made some offensive adjustments at the half and got it going in the third quarter. By the time Mizzou figured it out they were way behind.
I was wondering about Mizzou after their fast start, posted about it a few days ago, I suspect this tells us what we didn’t know about them Tigers.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Gotta give credit to Uconn, all the injuries and still they persevere. Helluva team to keep overcoming all of their adversity past two years and keep rolling. I guess we won’t know how they match up with bigger teams like Stanford and SC until later, but for now they look really well coached again and will get stronger when they get healthy.

Gotta give credit to Uconn, all the injuries and still they persevere. Helluva team to keep overcoming all of their adversity past two years and keep rolling. I guess we won’t know how they match up with bigger teams like Stanford and SC until later, but for now they look really well coached again and will get stronger when they get healthy.

Practically their entire roster is 5 star players. A number of teams teams could overcome adversity with that kind of talent. I'm not saying they aren't enduring and overcoming adversity - they are - but it's a lot easier to persevere when you have multiple #1 recruits hanging out on your roster.

Depaul had lost to Illinois State and Cleveland State but they came our and beat Maryland today even with the return of Diamond Miller. Big win for DePaul. 76 to 67
Morrow is so good, on the boards and scoring. What a diamond in the rough for DePaul, she is legit as evidenced by her freshman year. I don’t remember her background or where she was ranked out of HS but what a player.
The Big East looks solid this year, should put more than a few teams in the tourney. I like the look of Creighton again especially outside of Uconn.

Last edited:
Duke vs. Connecticut late this afternoon. Kara and the King.

Of course all other women's games have point spreads on 24/7 sports. Well, except UCONN/Duke. Was hoping for some free money for Black Friday...not going to happen I guess. Why would all games even UT be on there but not UCONN?

Of course all other women's games have point spreads on 24/7 sports. Well, except UCONN/Duke. Was hoping for some free money for Black Friday...not going to happen I guess. Why would all games even UT be on there but not UCONN?

I know there are spreads that come out of Los Vegas and you rarely see spreads for women’s games. But you can go to the Massey site and find odds and a lot more there.

The URL is masseyratings.com. Massey had UConn as a 13 point favorite for the Duke game.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back