Enough of the negativity! What needs to happen for you to have some excitement headed into the 2023?

I’d like to see #5 on defense get his number taken away. Shouldn’t have the same number as Hendon , especially the way he acts on the field

Vandy game:
Milton hitting his receivers in stride in short, intermediate and long passes on his way to 350+ yards passing.

RBs hitting the hole hard and getting 200+ yards rushing.

Defense clamping down to < 200 yards passing by Vandy and not letting their QB run for > 50 yards.

Defense holding Vandy to < 100 yards rushing total.

Win by > 25 points.

Bowl game:
Milton hitting his receivers in stride in short, intermediate and long passes on his way to 300+ yards passing.

RBs hitting the hole hard and getting 150+ yards rushing.

Defense clamping down to < 200 yards passing and not letting their QB run for > 50 yards.

Defense holding opposition < 100 yards rushing total.

Win by > 14 points.

Yeah all that’s true… except UT didn’t just lose a little. They looked horrible Saturday. A complete dismantling by a mediocre team erases most of the good feelings.

we’re gonna need a basis for hope In the last two games…

Don't misunderstand, we all know of all those teams we played , a loss like this shouldn't have come against South Carolina . I'm looking at this as an aberration, fueled by some major chemistry issue within the team. It doesn't erase the strides that this program has made this year though and Heupel sure as hell isn't Butch 2.0 as a few have pointed to.

I just can't see it. I think they'll come out (hopefully minus the cancerous attitudes) and play much better .

I watched the presser today.

One of the defensive players was asked how they are going to fix it for Vandy.

his response: "study more film"

I believe whatever was there on Saturday is still present.

Last edited:
Beat Vandy and get to the cotton bowl and it will help ease the pain a little. 2023 needs to see improvement on the defensive side of the ball. They make take a slight step back on offense; potentially go 60-40 approach dedicated towards the run game

Let's move on guys.

What are you looking for against Vandy? Who are you hoping to be matched up with in a bowl game and why?
I want to see Milton play well, I want to see our guys have fun on both sides and play well. Playing well and losing is one thing. I absolutely do not want to see another game like the SC game. I would also like to see a new DC at seasons end.

I'm very excited anyway. I'd love to see Milton look good. I know he's not going to be Hooker but I love his potential. I'm actually excited for Keith next year because he's 6'2 225 and running back is one of the easiest places to play as a freshman, it will be good to have a big bruiser for a change. I'll be even more excited if we get some decent defensive backs and linebackers in the portal.

This is Volfan mentality. Play lower end sunbelt level for most of 20 years = moan that we'll never get out of this pit and wish we could just have a competitive team in the SEC and be more than happy with 9-10 wins per year . --> Hire the right coach , get to 9 wins with the 2nd season not even over yet= moan that we choked away a shot at the playoffs and possible nation title, totally ignoring the fact that our defense wasn't good enough to win out in the playoffs even if we did get there.
Some of us were never on board with the idea of being content with nine to ten wins a year. That is not the standard at UT and fifteen years of mismanagement do not mean we have to settle for that.

Milton looking the part..

More young blood infusion…

Look businesslike…and well coached on defense.

That's very concerning that he said that. That points to whatever occurred in the locker room not having been addressed by Heupel, which does not bode well for the future, immediate or long-term.

Milton looking like a legitimate star, win out remaining games, have great recruiting season

Against Vandy, I'd like to see Milton go through his progressions well, make good and quick decisions, and be accurate with the football. I'd also like to see him truck some people in the run game. I also want to see the defense play like they did when we shut down Kentucky and LSU. A 40 point victory would calm the nerves.

For the bowl game, I want Clemson in the Orange Bowl because their QB play isn't great. I also wouldn't mind a matchup with TCU in the Cotton Bowl.. If TCU were to lose the Big 12 Championship, the Big 12 champion would go to the Sugar Bowl (I think) and TCU would likely get placed in the Cotton Bowl where they would play another non-champion.... and it wouldn't be Michigan if they lose to OSU because they'd be in the Rose Bowl... so it could be us or one of the PAC 12 teams. Whatever the case, get our $h!t back together before the bowl game and finish the season with a bang!

Some of us were never on board with the idea of being content with nine to ten wins a year. That is not the standard at UT and fifteen years of mismanagement do not mean we have to settle for that.

I guess you have just as much right to expect more - as I do to be satisfied with a fun , competitive team. My inner joy of life doesn't revolve around what a bunch of college kids do and I just like watching the game when it's entertaining. If UT never wins another title I'll die the same death as I would have with one.

Beating SC’s a** in Neyland. I’m still sick from our team not showing up Saturday.

Yeh ..that doesn't sound good I agree.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back