It's simple...we all overlooked USCeast including players

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney takes a shot at Tennessee

We were all already thinking about who we would play in the playoffs in the first round. Even the players mentioned they were not focused enough on USC...we haven't been in this position in forever so USC was basically a trap game and we were caught looking ahead
Speak for yourself. I've followed this program for over 60 years. Any of my peers will agree with me....you don't take any opponent for granted.... especially an SEC foe on the road. You won't hear my generation calling opponents garbage or trash much less calling for a boat race ok skull drag. We sure as hell know better because we've lived it and seen it way too many times.

We were all already thinking about who we would play in the playoffs in the first round. Even the players mentioned they were not focused enough on USC...we haven't been in this position in forever so USC was basically a trap game and we were caught looking ahead
This coming from a guy whose team experienced a similar beat-down a few weeks ago to unranked Notre Dame.
He’s a little more cocky these days because he thinks Clemson has another chance to back into the playoffs.
Funny how soon he forgets. I hope Carolina wears them out

This coming from a guy whose team experienced a similar beat-down a few weeks ago to unranked Notre Dame.
He’s a little more cocky these days because he thinks Clemson has another chance to back into the playoffs.
Funny how soon he forgets. I hope Carolina wears them out

I have a feeling Clemson beats Jr by three scores which makes the way loss more disturbing. It’s the TN way. 😝

Anyway, having a great game Saturday Vs Candy and winning by three scores will be the ending to a great season. TN better come out blazing in offense and find a way to stop Vandy offense.

Reactions: Orange931
SOUTH CAROLINA....... (I am still seething!) -- Enjoy the win; Enjoy the "moment"; Enjoy wrecking our season..... But, BOTTOM LINE: You will NEVER be TENNESSEE!; You will NEVER have a fan-base like TENNESSEE; You will NEVER have a Stadium like TENNESSEE; You will NEVER have a "family" community like TENNESSEE; You will NEVER have unique traditions like "ROCKY TOP"; The VOL Navy; or even "The Rock". You are NOT even the best team in your OWN STATE!

-- YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN - NOR WILL YOU EVER BE - ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO: TENNESSEE!!!!!! ---- Bunch of COCKS!!!!!
That's a great impersonation of Dablo's infamous rant right after Spurrier was quoted as saying "At least we aren't clemson".......well done.

I don't think we will really ever hear the truth about the "dressing room brawl" that divided the team. Supposedly it did not happen, but I will never believe that SC could score on all their drives the way they did without help (from the defense). And I do not believe all of the receivers were trying that hard here from the "accidental" dropped balls. This game reminded me of the 1992 SC/TN that Taneyhill (SC QB) bragged he would beat TN after they were not given a snowball's chance. His loud mouth came true, the game was tied, Majors went for the win, SC stopped us on the goal line.....And a sorry SC season was suddenly worthwhile. Any of the players that laid down in this game should feel a little guilty on Hendon's injury because he at least kept trying when it seems the rest of the team could care less. Sad excuse for a game when there was no reason for it to happen.

That's a great impersonation of Dablo's infamous rant right after Spurrier was quoted as saying "At least we aren't clemson".......good job.

Thank you for the explanation. Also to the quoted poster, I apologize for almost replying to you to ask if you are okay.

And doesn’t helped that majority of the defense quit on the team. USC ran the ball all night with a TE, and 2 WR’s. They didn’t have any running backs. Jeremy Banks shenanigans and his friends that took his side costed us that game. Nothing more!!! Not only did it cost us the game. It costed Hooker a chance at the Heisman, caused him to get hurt, and a shot at the playoffs. If Defense just plays average Hooker don’t have to try and bring us back from a 3 TD lead.

Seriously . . . I don't buy that anybody in the top 5 is overlooking anything with a playoff spot at stake. Everybody knew that we needed to win and we needed style points. There was more going on. At the same time, you can't ignore the game Spencer Rattler had. We had a weakness and they exploited it.
After listening to some of the interviews, it sounded to me like they didn't expect to have to play hard to beat uscjr. It seemed like they thought they were a lot better, and just had to handle business as usual. I think the ky and mizzou games gave them a false sense of confidence, and it bit them in the ass.

I thought the same thing. Read only the headline and I started getting irritated. Read the article and thought where is the shot, he just told the truth.
Society is so soft if that is considered taking a shot.
Well it also generates clicks which generate revenue. FWIW, I saw the same "story" on another article by some guy writing for "For the Win" with a similar headline. Just silly.

After listening to some of the interviews, it sounded to me like they didn't expect to have to play hard to beat uscjr. It seemed like they thought they were a lot better, and just had to handle business as usual. I think the ky and mizzou games gave them a false sense of confidence, and it bit them in the ass.
I don't doubt that, but if that was the whole problem, you'd think that the 3rd, 4th or 5th TD would've been enough to refocus them.

Seriously . . . I don't buy that anybody in the top 5 is overlooking anything with a playoff spot at stake. Everybody knew that we needed to win and we needed style points. There was more going on. At the same time, you can't ignore the game Spencer Rattler had. We had a weakness and they exploited it.

Everyone keeps trying to blow up Spencer Rattler, but have you ever thrown a football around in your back yard? If you can do that, you can throw the ball to a wide open College receiver that has no one within 10 yards of him.

Then you get a TD for it when they catch the ball and no one knows how to tackle.

That’s possible too.. it might have just been an unfortunate bunch of factors, including JB not traveling..that all came together and we laid an egg.. it happens.. HH and all of the other injuries.. thats the part that sticks in my craw the most

I don't doubt that, but if that was the whole problem, you'd think that the 3rd, 4th or 5th TD would've been enough to refocus them.
By the time they realized what was happening, it was too late. At that point they probably felt like they were playing uga again, cause it sure looked like they just gave up accepted it was gonna be a loss.

Everyone keeps trying to blow up Spencer Rattler, but have you ever thrown a football around in your back yard? If you can do that, you can throw the ball to a wide open College receiver that has no one within 10 yards of him.

Then you get a TD for it when they catch the ball and no one knows how to tackle.
There were busts in the secondary, but Rattler played well regardless and was ripping some throws into tight windows too. Granted, we were getting no pressure at all and kept showing the same coverage looks so I'm sure it was a case of him being very comfortable.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
By the time they realized what was happening, it was too late. At that point they probably felt like they were playing uga again, cause it sure looked like they just gave up accepted it was gonna be a loss.
There was a little give up out there, but that game was 31-35 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. It was weird. The game was ugly . . . then we forced a punt on their 1st drive of the 2nd half and restored a little order . . . then the defense just wilted. Really hope SC puts up a fight against Clemson and proves to be a little better than I think they really are.

I have a feeling Clemson beats Jr by three scores which makes the way loss more disturbing. It’s the TN way. 😝

Anyway, having a great game Saturday Vs Candy and winning by three scores will be the ending to a great season. TN better come out blazing in offense and find a way to stop Vandy offense.

After UT wins big and Clemson beats the hell outta SC, people will see that SC caught lightning in a bottle and UT’s internal issues were huge. In no way will Rattler ever do that again, he had 8 TD’s the whole year going in to saturdays game and all of a sudden things clicked?

That’s possible too.. it might have just been an unfortunate bunch of factors, including JB not traveling..that all came together and we laid an egg.. it happens.. HH and all of the other injuries.. thats the part that sticks in my craw the most

I think it probably was a mix of things. JB definitely seems make a difference when he is in the game. He makes a lot of plays but also seems to be important otherwise. I don’t want to speculate anymore about what may have been the reasons he missed.

Two things about it though:
1. hopefully whatever needs doing to get the right people focused on the right things is done.

2. Also, if the entire defensive backfield needs him out there to get them going, then maybe getting and teaching some people who can do the job well enough when he is not able to be there for whatever reason should be a priority.

Not throwing any shade at him at all, and I know LBs who can do that are not growing on trees, but I hope we find some.

Reactions: LadyVolette
After UT wins big and Clemson beats the hell outta SC, people will see that SC caught lightning in a bottle and UT’s internal issues were huge. In no way will Rattler ever do that again, he had 8 TD’s the whole year going in to saturdays game and all of a sudden things clicked?

I agree Clemson will demolish Jr. as far as TN over Vandy, I’m not as confident. Banks is the defensive leader while Hooker is the offensive leader and team captain. My hope is this team squashed the differences and prepared. But I’m concerned some players will be uninspired as there is less to play for compared to two weeks ago. One can’t make this stuff up. 😆

Reactions: Orange931
I said and posted before we even played KY I was more worried with USC than KY or Mizzou and that the USC game could be our trip up game if we don't have our heads right....After the first quarter last year USC outscored us and now they have outscored us over the last 7 quarters.

I said and posted before we even played KY I was more worried with USC than KY or Mizzou and that the USC game could be our trip up game if we don't have our heads right....After the first quarter last year USC outscored us and now they have outscored us over the last 7 quarters.

I think I remember you saying that.

You really believe this bs ? I dgaf what some kid says. It sounds to my ears just like the scab from Bama talking about anxiety. Its a ***** excuse because the D coordinator cant get his sh1t together and probably spent the last several days telling them they played so bad because they over looked SC instead of manning tf up and telling them he FAILED

Reactions: Stephen Gray
You really believe this bs ? I dgaf what some kid says. It sounds to my ears just like the scab from Bama talking about anxiety. Its a ***** excuse because the D coordinator cant get his sh1t together and probably spent the last several days telling them they played so bad because they over looked SC instead of manning tf up and telling them he FAILED

Doesn’t matter if it is true. The DC failed anyway. If they are not as dialed in and taking things seriously enough it was his and other staff’s job to fix those misconceptions. Players and coaches alike have some fault. Even if some of that showed in the game, one it should not have, and two they didn’t get it fixed.

VN Store

Back