Going on record here as being all-in, ride-or-die for this team

Do you really think that is the case? I think the truth is that most can. I guess you're trying to say using a little satire is we don't shoot the ball well right now. I think everyone would agree and are offering solutions they think might help. Basketball is a funny game in that improvement is not linear. We're about to find out who has the toughness and desire.

That comment is just based on watching them warm up for two games at the SEC Tournament last year. Coach Harper could shoot the lights out when playing for Sparta High School (White Co). From our team last year, Rae, Tess, and maybe Sara could hang with her. If gambling, I would bet on Kellie against all three of them in a game of HORSE from outside the 3-point line..

Last edited:
Still not giving up on this team. I'm guessing there will be one-on-one consultations with players over the next week. I'm also guessing there will be some serious reflection/reexamination by the staff as to what THEY need to do differently.

Hopefully by the time we play Stanford in a month there will be improvement across the board. Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

They are my team if they don't win another game I'll just be back for more. A lot of people never understood why Pat Summitt said defense and rebounding win games. Then she ended up with 1080 wins and 8 National championships. What the team is not doing is defense and rebounding. When they decide to turn those two stats around the games will change.

They are my team if they don't win another game I'll just be back for more. A lot of people never understood why Pat Summitt said defense and rebounding win games. Then she ended up with 1080 wins and 8 National championships. What the team is not doing is defense and rebounding. When they decide to turn those two stats around the games will change.

Thats kinda where I'm at with all this.

Evidently it isn't we've seen it for quite a while now.
Exactly the point. If it were as easy as getting rid of players who "refuse" or "decide", or punishment or running till they puke or taking the locker room away, every coach in the known universe would have solved their problems long ago. Reality is its much more nuanced and complicated.

thelma-and-louise-movie-ending.gif

All this talk of "we'll get better" blah blah blah etc etc etc...is just blind hope. This team is a joke. They aren't suddenly gonna get better with Kellie as coach. They haven't started out this bad in literally decades. Even Holly couldn't do this bad. Face the facts. Kellie is a bad coach. Really bad...and it's gonna get worse before it gets better. It's obvious watching this team. Lifeless...scared....inept and badly coached. There's no miracle turnaround coming....just drubbing after drubbing from a coach that is absolutely clueless. That's the reality.

All this talk of "we'll get better" blah blah blah etc etc etc...is just blind hope. This team is a joke. They aren't suddenly gonna get better with Kellie as coach. They haven't started out this bad in literally decades. Even Holly couldn't do this bad. Face the facts. Kellie is a bad coach. Really bad...and it's gonna get worse before it gets better. It's obvious watching this team. Lifeless...scared....inept and badly coached. There's no miracle turnaround coming....just drubbing after drubbing from a coach that is absolutely clueless. That's the reality.
It’s amazing that a coach who had a team mid season last year playing fantastic (before injuries derailed us), can’t coach a lick now. Not sure what your angle is with this post but it isn’t presenting rational thought. Stirring the pot maybe.

It’s amazing that a coach who had a team mid season last year playing fantastic (before injuries derailed us), can’t coach a lick now. Not sure what your angle is with this post but it isn’t presenting rational thought. Stirring the pot maybe.
The comparison with last year's team is the most puzzling aspect to their play so far. Most observers agree that this year's team has more talent. Yet the drop-off in play has been startling. I know there are a lot of new players on the team, but the same can be said for other teams as well (e.g. Indiana).
But I can't think of another one who has increased their talent level as much, while decreasing the effectiveness of their play at the same time, like this team has. Same coach, most of the same players while adding in some talented newcomers. Yet the results are much worse.
So, by comparison, what is it ?
Did they over achieve last year ?
Under achieving this year ?
It will take more time for the team to mesh into a cohesive unit ?
Not the right mix of players ?
At this point, I'm not sure. Plenty of questions, no definitive answers.

This is nothing new. Lady Vols have always looked this way in early November prior to Kellie cutting down the rotation. The difference this year is the challenging schedule that a lot of fans asked for each year since Kellie got here. I remember seeing so many people complain about the cupcakes. Now I see people questioning why she decided to schedule such a tough OOC schedule. They may have won a few more with a shorter rotation early on but Kellie has always played a lot of players in early November and allowed them to basically audition for playing time during a live game prior to conference play. Against the Zags the minutes actually started shifting more to the main group.

Basically comes down to rebounding and defense for this team. If they can't get the energy to rebound and play some defense going to see a lot of what you saw tonight. Teams can't score 80 on you going to lose more than you win. Teams can't outrebound you and get three of four attempts at the basket on one possession. This is our team right now not getting on the boards and the defense is as bad as I've seen.
Know it sounds like a broken record but Pat
preached Defense and Rebounding.

All this talk of "we'll get better" blah blah blah etc etc etc...is just blind hope. This team is a joke. They aren't suddenly gonna get better with Kellie as coach. They haven't started out this bad in literally decades. Even Holly couldn't do this bad.

Harmony & understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
(Mystic crystal revelation)
And the mind's true liberation....

But I can't think of another one who has increased their talent level as much, while decreasing the effectiveness of their play at the same time, like this team has.
Most of Holly's teams? Amazingly, she continued to haul in talent til the bitter end, and then proceed to decrease their effectiveness. That is an exact description of that time.

Reactions: volnationnj
Most of Holly's teams? Amazingly, she continued to haul in talent til the bitter end, and then proceed to decrease their effectiveness. That is an exact description of that time.
You're correct, but I was thinking of current teams when I posted that.

VN Store

Back