Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols. 72 - Gonzaga. 73

Somebody has to win a game like that. When he made the bogus call for the travel that was surely to their advantage. When they did the over and back Horston never touched that ball. None of you people have to stay here and even watch the team going forward if you don't want to.
Seriously dude no offense but you are really reaching. The officiating was terrible yes , but the decisions in the last 2 minutes by the coach were worse. I can't fake it or explain it any better. I would love to watch this team improve but i would not be a fan if i was not pissed right now . Anyone who accepts these results are just here to be here and do not care about the program's success . Im sorry that's my opinion.

Seriously dude no offense but you are really reaching. The officiating was terrible yes , but the decisions in the last 2 minutes by the coach was worse. I can't fake it or explain it any better. I would love to watch this team improve but i would not be a fan if i was not pissed right now . Anyone who accepts these results are just here to be here and do not care about the program's success . Im sorry that's my opinion.
Whatever sit out the rest of the season or toughen up team really came to play today for a change.

Seriously dude no offense but you are really reaching. The officiating was terrible yes , but the decisions in the last 2 minutes by the coach were worse. I can't fake it or explain it any better. I would love to watch this team improve but i would not be a fan if i was not pissed right now . Anyone who accepts these results are just here to be here and do not care about the program's success . Im sorry that's my opinion.
that is your opinion (and i’m not saying it’s wrong) but they are free to have theirs. you’re demeaning their opinion in the same statement you’re wanting yours heard. not how opinions work.

So, this one is on Kellie in the sense that getting a play starting from half-court should give more options the full court. Still a terrible call on the refs. Inexplicable really.
Wow that's an incredible mistake on the part of the entire staff. Especially in light of how little margin of error we have and how badly we needed this win. I'm sure Cora Hall will ask her on the post game zoom. She's an actual good reporter.

Reactions: madtownvol
I can blame them when they make bad calls. We win if they call it fair today.

Never should have been that close. And we got some calls along the way too like when Key kicked the ball out of bounds.

On Gonzaga's last possession I told my daughter to watch, they will get a good look at the basket and then they got a wide open layup. Then on our last possession I told her Powell or Walker will try to score over someone a foot taller than them. And of course that is what we did because our guards are all ball hogs and we can't run a set play to save our lives.

We had to make a LOT of bad decisions to lose this game. And we make those bad decisions over and over again because they are never corrected and our coach adds her own bad decisions on top of them.

If posters want to live in lala land and protect the comments against Kellie they may as well just hit ignore. Its crazy how the criticism of players is so accepted here but you mention the HC and your now and idiot who deserves to be ignored smh .

Why hit ignore when the crying and apoplexy is so entertaining?

These funny posts actually ease the disappointment of a close loss and poor reffing, so they're refreshing!!!

Send in the clowns....

So Gonzaga scored 24 in Q1, 22 in Q3, 21 in Q4...and only 6 in Q2. I didn't see the first half, but what did Tennessee do in that 2nd quarter that they didn't continue doing in Q3 and Q4?

Blah.

I was so excited to watch this team play. Was salivating all off season.

Now this.

They still have the talent to turn things around but it needs to happen quick, fast and in a hurry. We can’t lose all these games and kid ourselves that it won’t affect our tournament chances. We haven’t lost to a “bad” team yet but we haven’t beaten any good ones either.

Just at a loss for why the defense and rebounding are so poor.

Defense was decent today. Rebounding wasn't.

Reactions: volforlife10
Never should have been that close. And we got some calls along the way too like when Key kicked the ball out of bounds.

On Gonzaga's last possession I told my daughter to watch, they will get a good look at the basket and then they got a wide open layup. Then on our last possession I told her Powell or Walker will try to score over someone a foot taller than them. And of course that is what we did because our guards are all ball hogs and we can't run a set play to save our lives.

We had to make a LOT of bad decisions to lose this game. And we make those bad decisions over and over again because they are never corrected and our coach adds her own bad decisions on top of them.
Well I am just hoping all the people on here that said they were leaving stay true to their word. I'm not saying you said it, but I'm not going to down a team that worked as hard as we did today over a last second loss.

Yeah, I was a big believer that Key was the answer for this team, but she's started the first 6 games and they lost to every team with a pulse. Start Franklin. It really can't get any worse than it is now.

Franklin is a much, much better player. She needs to get back in shape though. She was winded out there today. I noticed Gonzaga played fewer players and were less tired than some of our players. Our S&C coach must be crap.

Franklin is a much, much better player. She needs to get back in shape though. She was winded out there today. I noticed Gonzaga played fewer players and were less tired than some of our players. Our S&C coach must be crap.
My only concern with Franklin is that she's not a rim protector. Of course, this season's version of Tamari Key really isn't either, so I suppose it's a moot point.

With Tess getting into foul trouble, the LVs spent a lot of the 2nd half without any outside shooting threat on the floor. I am actually surprised how well the offense worked given how much Gonzago could pack the paint against a team where all five LVs are in the paint scorers.

Defense effort was much improved. TOs were down. I have not seen the box score but, the LVs ball security was much better than in past games. So, definite improvement, even though it was a tough loss, where the ref played too much of game changing on the phantom travel call.

Franklin played very well but her minutes still have to be managed as she is only 10 to 11 months off an ACL repair. So. her role can expand as the season goes on but Key needs to find her groove. Rather than writing her off or name calling her names, folks need to realize that is an important piece of the team who is in a slump. It happens to all players. She just needs to just keep working and she will get back to the good Tamari of last mid-season.

Last edited:
Well I am just hoping all the people on here that said they were leaving stay true to their word. I'm not saying you said it, but I'm not going to down a team that worked as hard as we did today over a last second loss.
i wish some of the ones who say they are gonna leave would actually leave. they leave when we win (not much this season sadly) and come back when we lose.

I’m drained. Rough loss for the team, but we looked better than we have this year, we’re getting better. Some eyes were opened today on the quality of Franklin. We‘re getting closer to where we should be. Rickea and Horston are playing better together, and that’s a really good thing. We have a few less stressful games coming up, to improve. The effort on defense today gave me great hope for this season. We‘re going to have to shake off the bad walking call. Just a bad break at the end, it happens. We’ll get a few breaks this season, too. All our goals are possible. Keep your heads up, Lady Vols.

Actually, I believe the Tennessee defender slipped and fell down on their last basket.

Regardless, we gave up at least two baskets on missed boxouts. And we got caught in some really bad mismatches including the one when Powell got called for putting her hands back on the block out.

Reactions: Rooster1 and glv98
Here we go now being sour about the walk call, After looking at it 3 times she took 3 steps before she put the ball on the floor. But let`s get real about why they lost this game. This team has no identity right now and a coach who has no fire. I have seen many coaches get in a players face when you are turning the ball over bad pass not playing defense. I just don`t see this with KJH. I`m not calling for her to be fired and she should not be fired. But it`s time for her to start holding players accountable for poor play.

And also was that really a technical on Franklin? The over and back that wasn't called? Tamari Key had a clear block. The officiating was horrendous. Having said all that UT just simply doesn't run an actual offense. I would love to know why that's the case every game. Gonzaga used multiple screens(some illegal and hate when teams rarely get called for them) and ran set plays. I still love my Vols and Lady Vols but man is it tough to be a Vols fan sometimes.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back