Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna wait to make judgment on Banks and the player's til we know more. Really not fair to any of the player's to make snap judgements on them based on internet rumours, imo. Terrible vibe to give if the rumours are completely wrong or overblown.
Exactly. It was a terrible loss. But all this grandstanding and throwing around rumors and wanting coaches fired is ridiculous. Based on how we've played this year those decisions should be made at the end of the season. If we were Auburn or Vandy level bad then yes, fire a DC or ans OC in the middle of the season. But pur record is exponentially better than anyone on here would have imagined it would be at this point in the season.

Couple of things---

I hate that Hooker was on track to most likely win a Heisman and now has to finish and incredible season without getting to finish what he started and surgery... Hopefully the team will rally around him and go whip Vandy for Hendo!

So will Banks play this weekend? Will be interesting to see what happens this week.

If this staff can find a way to unite back this team as one, we should be able to beat Vandy, even if it's ugly... I watched the second half of their game yesterday and they seemed run heavy, which should help us... BUT, the danger is now everyone has seen that all you need to do is just close your eyes and throw the ball in the secondary and one of your players will catch it because we certainly won't...

We can win this weekend and then have time to hit the reset button with attitudes and chemistry and potentially come out and whip our Bowl opponent, even with Milton if he can keep it under control.

Reactions: VolGirl05
Except we did that on 3rd and 20 and got torched. We should’ve been playing press man and bring some pressure to force them to throw it quick into tight windows.
This.. except we don’t have the DBs to do this. But instead we play zone and just stand there whenever a WR comes in their zone and wait for them to catch the ball before even making a move to the WR. Blows my mind. That’s what happened on the 3rd and 20 and what happens 90% of the time.

From watching Vandy and hearing the media around Nashville they are a run,run pass if we must kinda deal. After last night, that could only help but then again they might pass every play after what they saw. One thing for sure they wont lay down. We should have a new attitude for the final game and whatever Bowl we go to so that should really help us a lot moving forward.

If it was Aj Swann playing QB we may be in trouble Bc he can really throw. Wright absolutely cannot.

Had to be told by his wife…. Not a real vol fan, imo. JK 🤣
True story. She got a text. She teared up. She’s a mother and alum and a Vol fan until the end. HH is everything that’s still right about college football. We met him at an event and he signed my kid’s football and spent a minute with him. Just an outstanding young man. Proud of him as our QB and I just hope he recovers and is able to realize his dreams.

hate that for Hooker, I’ve been watching UT football since I was a little kid, and he was definitely my favorite qb to watch.

To try to spin a negative into a positive, maybe this is what it takes to put the locker room drama behind everyone and hopefully the locker room changes for the better after said rumors

I don't know if this has been discussed, but people have mentioned the sand flying up on the field last night. I blame field conditions on what happened to Hendon as much as anything.
Said thing is nearly all natural grass fields are sand based. It's pathetic how horrible a shape that field was. Especially since the climate is near ideal conditions for natural turf

Just like many of you, im sure...I started loving UT football the night Daryl Dickey led us to a massive win over Miami in the 1986 Sugar Bowl; a year in which he stepped in for the great Tony Robinson. Since that night, I have loved and hated, cheered and cussed, smiled and cried as a Vol. They have taken me to the highest of highs; but, they have also made me want to burn the house down, and beat people up. Whenever i was younger, in college, I spent every single dime I had to go see them play, essentials be damned; since then, the good Lord has blessed me, and I have given them much much more...and been ecstatic to do it.

With that being said, with all of those years behind me, right up to this moment today, two QBs stand head and shoulders above all the rest, imo...they being Heath Shuler and Peyton Manning. Today, they welcome a new great one to stand with them.

#5, tip of the cap, young man. You carry with you every single thing it means to be a Volunteer. You are GREAT...on and off the field; and, it has been an unbelievable pleasure watching you play and carry yourself. Imo, you are the single most important football player since Al Wilson...you have carried the Big Orange out of the wasteland, and have done it with tremendous talent and grace. I love you, I respect you, and will continue to root for you no matter what the future may bring...although I am certain, it holds limitless possibility for someone like you.

Good luck to you, #5...you get well soon; and, I do not say this lightly, at all...you true, blue VFL.

Think the JBanks issue needs to be left with the rest of the SCAR baggage. He's not suspended or banned from team activities. The timing was very unfortunate, but it's over and with Hendon out, the team needs ALL the veterans to step up and prevent the SCAR loss from costing the Vols any more than it already has.

Think the JBanks issue needs to be left with the rest of the SCAR baggage. He's not suspended or banned from team activities. The timing was very unfortunate, but it's over and with Hendon out, the team needs ALL the veterans to step up and prevent the SCAR loss from costing the Vols any more than it already has.
I dont know all the details, but if its anything like the rumors then I am not sure he is the type of veteran we need. JMO

Wow 🥺 I hate crazy rumors 😡 . So this was just some quirky little tidbit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back