Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

Not a good look defensively. I blame the hockey style subs for most of that.

We allowed several buckets in transition because people were not matched up well. We really need to get in a rhythm. All this experimenting against quality opponents is not necessary. Stick with the same 5 or 6 until we have a sizable lead and THEN test things out.

Not a bad first quarter. Team speed and rebounding still needs improvement but fundamentally fairly solid.

Just gotta keep with them and take advantage when their shooting cools off.

Keep composure.

Timeout Tennessee.
It's as though the players have never played with each other.
Complete turnaround from last year.

UCLA can't keep making 3's at this rate. I just hope we're not too far behind when they cool off.
More concerning is we look to have a collection of players with skill but there's no teamwork involved so far, in this game at least.

Playing that UT football defense I see. Ķey has zeroes across the board(outside of blocks). I just will never understand why throughout her career she has so few shots a game. Jackson and Key preseason just assumed would be an elite combo download.

This team is going to mess around and be the first LV team to ever miss the NCAAT

Broadcaster said she’d like to see us press. I agree. What’s the point of all this depth if we aren’t utilizing it. Why don’t we press the whole game?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back