USFL 2023

The old one looks dated.

View attachment 514698

New one isn’t bad.

View attachment 514699

It's ok.

I read they had 2 reasons for changing the colors/logo, one being the new colors are closer to the hometown Grizzlies and the other being they felt like they already had too many red teams for an 8 team league with the Stallions, Generals and Bandits and trading the Bandits for the Steamboats would have kept it at 3 out of 8 teams with basically the same colors without the color and logo change.

Reactions: MAD
The biggest changes other than changing from one hub to 4 hubs is:

Tampa Bay Bandits were put on "hiatus" and instead they brought back the Memphis Showboats, though not with the old Showboats look.

The Pittsburgh Maulers' color scheme was changed to match the rest of the pro franchise in Pittsburgh, to black and gold.

Reactions: MAD
Pretty good first 2 games yesterday. I thought the turnout in Memphis was decent enough. Looked like 15-18k and they only sold one side of the stadium. Turnout In Birmingham was about the same.

The Memphis/Philly game was better but man Memphis’ QB Clark made some terrible throws.

3 weeks in, the second season is going ok but the support seems to be a huge question mark.

The turnout in Memphis is decent I guess but the Showboats are awful so not sure how much longer that will last. The turnout in Birmingham for Statllions games has to be disappointing. Last week against the Showboats it was a pretty weak crowd and it was blamed on Alabama's spring game. But this week the attendance was weak again and there wasn't anything like that. The first Michigan home game in Detroit actually had a good turnout but they laid an egg. And the games in Canton have no home base team so they aren't getting many fans.

The TV ratings so far have been not ideal, with the USA Network game last week getting a pathetic 144K viewers. That is terrible.

I will say this, having 2 spring leagues has made the year go by even faster IMO. It's already June and the USFL only has 2 more regular season games and the CFL is starting this week.

I doubt it will last but I'm digging this year round football.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and MAD
I will say this, having 2 spring leagues has made the year go by even faster IMO. It's already June and the USFL only has 2 more regular season games and the CFL is starting this week.

I doubt it will last but I'm digging this year round football.
I hear USFL is expanding next year but who knows

Basically they kept the home markets of 3 of the USFL teams and the Top 4 Attendance leaders of the XFL, then added the Houston Gamblers but then gave them the Roughnecks name and uniforms.

VN Store

Back