Copper Cellar shutting down

of all his concepts, this was me and my wife’s favorite. She worked downstairs there when we first met and it was always a good date night. Chesapeakes (both locations) is nice but not on the rounds of places to eat in Knoxville.
Chesapeake's west on Parkside is definitely in our rotation. We like to just walk in and sit at the oyster bar. If you make friends with the shuckers, you'll have an even better visit...

Chesapeake's west on Parkside is definitely in our rotation. We like to just walk in and sit at the oyster bar. If you make friends with the shuckers, you'll have an even better visit...

We go for our sons birthday as his choice to Parkside and that is about it. Probably do their marketplace more to get stuff for get togethers and a quick fix.

seems odd to order but that chop steak they did was so perfect - crusty outside and tender inside.

Actually going there tomorrow night before the bball game. Guess I better enjoy it while I can. The downstairs has always been my favorite. Love that atmosphere. Really sucks they’re closing.

These developers have destroyed the character of the strip. I think the final holdouts are the liquor store and a few businesses next to it, but I think they’re being forced out.
nope. ULiquors is out. They are looking for a new place

nope. ULiquors is out. They are looking for a new place
I can’t imagine them getting another place that’s as profitable. They were one of the few businesses on the strip that had parking spots, and without that I’m sure they won’t get as much business.

I stopped hitting Cumberland Ave years ago when all this growth started. I’m an old city guy now on game days eating at Boyd’s and drinks at Merchants.

I just hope the half barrel sticks around. Lots of good memories and hanging out there back in the day.

Last edited:
I stopped hitting Cumberland Ave years ago when all this growth started. I’m an old city guy now on game days eating and at Boyd’s and drinks at Merchants.

I just hope the half barrel sticks around. Lots of good memories and hanging out there back in the day.
Cool Beans is near our new parking garage, and the line to get in is ridiculous on game days. Saloon 16 has been our stop.

Reactions: Majors
Amazing the turnover of all the places gone now or sat empty like O'Charley's for well over a decade.

Reactions: davethevol
Cool Beans is near our new parking garage, and the line to get in is ridiculous on game days. Saloon 16 has been our stop.
I park at G17 this year (never again). The line for Cool Beans is straight retarded (no offense).

I park at G17 this year (never again). The line for Cool Beans is straight retarded (no offense).
What's wrong with G17? The huge park tailgating area is awesome. We love it there. Did you see the huge group with the Gator on the spit for the UF game?

How long is the wait normally? We always went to Copper Cellar. Would be around 60-90 minutes if our goal was to get seated about 3 hours before kickoff.
It's seat yourself, bar atmosphere. The memorabilia is awesome, food and drinks are good. We have had very quick service.

Reactions: yoyoyoyo
Takes at least an hour to get out.
We usually go early to set up the tailgate and back in right near the exit. That's the way to go. If you arrive later and park up a couple floors, you might as well go somewhere for an hour or two after the game. In fairness, all the garages are like that. 11th was actually worse.

Reactions: VolNExile
Takes at least an hour to get out.

C’mon @YankeeVol! That’s the best part of the tailgate, especially after a win. Crank it back up, open up the coolers, watch some other games and let traffic thin out. We were back at our tailgate till about 11pm after the Bama game before we finally packed it in and headed home.

C’mon @YankeeVol! That’s the best part of the tailgate, especially after a win. Crank it back up, open up the coolers, watch some other games and let traffic thin out. We were back at our tailgate till about 11pm after the Bama game before we finally packed it in and headed home.
Same

Reactions: Vol737

VN Store

Back