Aviation Discussion

@ATC_VOL

Any suggestions for check out gifts? Should you get something after the first two, fully certified, or both?
In my area we just buy lunch for the whole area one day. No one really buys gifts for their trainers here. After fully certifying as well.

Since you’re asking, I assume training is going decently well?

In my area we just buy lunch for the whole area one day. No one really buys gifts for their trainers here. After fully certifying as well.

Since you’re asking, I assume training is going decently well?

I got my first two yesterday. It had been going really well, then had a really rough week. Bounced back last week, so they surprised me with a checkride when I got in yesterday. Indy typically lets you work a week or two on your own before you start your next sectors.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I got my first two yesterday. It had been going really well, then had a really rough week. Bounced back last week, so they surprised me with a checkride when I got in yesterday. Indy typically lets you work a week or two on your own before you start your next sectors.
Yeah we do the same here. Usually 2 weeks. Congratulations!

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
Yeah we do the same here. Usually 2 weeks. Congratulations!

I appreciate it! Those were the volume sectors, the other side of the room has more complexity. We’ll see how it goes haha.

Do you have a D-Side trainee in your area, last name probably Abbott? Her mom is a controller in my area.

I appreciate it! Those were the volume sectors, the other side of the room has more complexity. We’ll see how it goes haha.

Do you have a D-Side trainee in your area, last name probably Abbott? Her mom is a controller in my area.
No, but I think I heard someone mention someone with a parent that’s a controller. Area to the west of us I think.

Horrible accident at Dallas airshow today.

That was rough. I got to sit in on the morning brief at the Smoky Mountain Air Show and the interaction between air boss and demonstration teams coordinating their acts was neat to watch. Safety was paramount and the air boss encouraged performers to not push anything (weather, act, etc.) His main goal was that everyone gets home to their families safely. Hate that something went wrong and lives and history were lost yesterday.

That was rough. I got to sit in on the morning brief at the Smoky Mountain Air Show and the interaction between air boss and demonstration teams coordinating their acts was neat to watch. Safety was paramount and the air boss encouraged performers to not push anything (weather, act, etc.) His main goal was that everyone gets home to their families safely. Hate that something went wrong and lives and history were lost yesterday.
I guess it was simply a matter of the pilot in the small plane not seeing the bomber?

I guess it was simply a matter of the pilot in the small plane not seeing the bomber?

I saw a picture of a P-63 cockpit. Visibility sucks. Probably especially tough to see with him being in a turn. But who knows, obviously someone wasn’t at their mark at the right time.

@ATC_VOL You working today? Does Memphis do a big pitch-in? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen so much food.

I got to work a couple sessions, but now we are down to one sector and I don’t have the north side of the room yet. Wild to get paid for a holiday and you can’t even really work.

@ATC_VOL You working today? Does Memphis do a big pitch-in? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen so much food.

I got to work a couple sessions, but now we are down to one sector and I don’t have the north side of the room yet. Wild to get paid for a holiday and you can’t even really work.
Yeah I worked a day shift today. The union caters in a ham/turkey and all the traditional side dishes from a local bbq place for us. Folks will bring in some desserts to go with it.

Thanksgiving day shifts are pretty sweet around here. Like you said, some extra money and way less work.

VN Store

Back