Is Levis still an NFL draft pick or a Heisman candidate??

Watching Levis run an offense is like watching a knee deep mule hitched up to a plow. No NFL team, except Detroit, would ever consider him worth a draft pick.

He'll be DRAFTED. How high will rest on how well he fares at the Underwear Olympics. I can see him doing well in the passing drills and measurables but I'm curious how his meathead factor will appear in interviews. Ask him to explain on the chalkboard what he sees and thinks during a play breakdown. It's a different language these guys speak and I could see him committing tons of syntax errors. Doesn't matter how fierce and intense his facial expression is when his words indicate that he doesn't know what TF he's talking about.

Reactions: ButchPlz
He'll be DRAFTED. How high will rest on how well he fares at the Underwear Olympics. I can see him doing well in the passing drills and measurables but I'm curious how his meathead factor will appear in interviews. Ask him to explain on the chalkboard what he sees and thinks during a play breakdown. It's a different language these guys speak and I could see him committing tons of syntax errors. Doesn't matter how fierce and intense his facial expression is when his words indicate that he doesn't know what TF he's talking about.
Hey man he plays Real Football™, you're just jealous!

Reactions: butchna
Mel Kiper said again this morning he will still be the #1 QB taken. I can see it. His likeness is Josh Allen and Allen had many of these same issues in college. UK’s O line is awful and Levis has no time to go through his progressions, and there are lots of questions about their OC. I actually feel bad for the kid. Seems like a decent guy who has no help. I don’t know how he’ll pan out at the next level, but it is obvious he is in a bad situation at UK with the O line, play calling, and he’s been injured a lot from the pounding he has taken. It probably makes no sense to some, but the NFL scouts do not look at these guys like we do as college football fans. The metrics are entirely different, and apparently, according to people a lot smarter than us, he checks all of the boxes to warrant spending millions and banking the future of a NFL franchise on.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Why, yes..... yes he is......

hypnotoad-frog.gif

Reactions: sierraorange
Mel Kiper said again this morning he will still be the #1 QB taken. I can see it. His likeness is Josh Allen and Allen had many of these same issues in college. UK’s O line is awful and Levis has no time to go through his progressions, and there are lots of questions about their OC. I actually feel bad for the kid. Seems like a decent guy who has no help. I don’t know how he’ll pan out at the next level, but it is obvious he is in a bad situation at UK with the O line, play calling, and he’s been injured a lot from the pounding he has taken. It probably makes no sense to some, but the NFL scouts do not look at these guys like we do as college football fans. The metrics are entirely different, and apparently, according to people a lot smarter than us, he checks all of the boxes to warrant spending millions and banking the future of a NFL franchise on.
He's a douche with no solution. Those types enamor "lot smarter" GM's and scouts every season and help them join the unemployment ranks. I bet if we parse Allen's career at Wyoming, it would be difficult to find a game he played down to competition like he did today.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I don’t get the comparison to Josh Allen. His arm is not that strong and he sure as heck doesn’t have the pocket presence of Allen. Additionally, he can’t run like Allen.

Reactions: Vol since 77
Any GM who would draft Levis before Young should be fired on the spot.

You act as if the experts arent ever wrong. They are. A lot. Levis sucks. I'm sorry Lions fans.

I hope Levis does well in the draft, he seems like a decent guy and a good teammate. I don’t have any hate for the guy. My contempt is reserved for the football personalities who keep trying to tell us how great he is, despite the obvious.

Levis has a strong arm and a quick throwing motion. Like Milton he can see something late, snap his arm and deliver a strike. Unlike Hooker, he is not a gamer. He is more likely to do something dumb that hurts his team than to come up with a clutch play that extends a drive. It’s also not clear that he understands what he sees or where there will be opportunities. I wish him well, maybe someone will take him as a project and teach him what he needs to know.

Reactions: VolDave53

I get this argument and the NFL scouts look at many things that we as fans don't see. And I can't truthfully say I ever watched Josh Allen play in college (given that he played for Wyoming). But man, does Levis look bad at times! It's one thing to struggle against Tennessee or even Missouri, but Vanderbilt? Surely, Kentucky's offense isn't so bad that it's physically outmatched by Vanderbilt?!

That said, if Levis ends up being good in the NFL, it's probably a testament to how bad of an OC Rich Scangarello is. Feels like Kentucky's offense has regressed a lot under him. And maybe Levis would look a lot better if he were playing for an OC that was halfway decent.

My question has been if Levis is so great, why did he transfer to UK and Stoops? Neither are known for developing QBs.

Seems like a future first round QB transfer would have had interest from another school/coach with a better history of developing NFL QBs.

Reactions: Jeff Clark

VN Store

Back