‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

This guy could be a total head case but it is a confidence builder to have your class ranked very high and he would help at that.

What puzzles me about Tennessee and NIL is that they forked out for Nico but I haven't seen any other major lands since then. Do we just not have enough NIL money?

I understand Heupel will never quite need as much elite talent considering his scheme but I fear it's going to be what never gets us over the hump with UGA. Still remains to be seen.
We have everything we need on this team to breat them now.

And we'll get that chance to prove that again.

This guy could be a total head case but it is a confidence builder to have your class ranked very high and he would help at that.

What puzzles me about Tennessee and NIL is that they forked out for Nico but I haven't seen any other major lands since then. Do we just not have enough NIL money?
You're taking an unsubstantiated internet rumor as fact in regards to Nico. That's not a shot at you, because most of the talking heads on TV and internet keep stating it as if it's a fact. Rashada was reportedly given a $9 million dollar NIL deal at Miami and already received money. He just flipped to UF. People don't have to verify these rumors before spouting off, and there's no accountability or consequences when they are found to be false.

Reactions: volbound1700
Why do you think UGA whipped us at the LOS?
Why were we able to handle other DLs so well? Bama's DL isn't made up of scrubs. Many consider Will Anderson THE best player in the country. And they took him out of the game. We were not prepared for Georgia. We weren't prepared for the noise, we weren't prepared for the overall environment. And it wasn't just the OL. People can hate this statement all they want, but in THAT game, Kirby Smart outcoached Josh Heupel. Sometimes, that happens. Georgia was far more prepared for us than we were for them. But if we're lucky enough to meet again, I don't think we'll see that again.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
You're taking an unsubstantiated internet rumor as fact in regards to Nico. That's not a shot at you, because most of the talking heads on TV and internet keep stating it as if it's a fact. Rashada was reportedly given a $9 million dollar NIL deal at Miami and already received money. He just flipped to UF. People don't have to verify these rumors before spouting off, and there's no accountability or consequences when they are found to be false.
So the rumor is he took Ruiz's money and bailed? Is there not a contract involved?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
So the rumor is he took Ruiz's money and bailed? Is there not a contract involved?
Because he's based in California, he can sign a contract to earn money in high school. He likely signed a deal with Ruiz that had contingencies that Ruiz could enforce if he chose or not if he chose not to, but they couldn't be conditional on him going to Miami, otherwise it's inducement which is illegal. So Ruiz is likely out whatever one-time upfront payment as well as any monthly payments that he made between commitment and decommitment but now he can enforce the contingencies to put Rashada in breach of contract (ie. monthly autograph signings outside the Miami stadium, meet and greet with Miami boosters, instagram posts about Miami or whatever else he wanted.. basically things that don't directly say 'i have to go to miami' but would be weird and difficult if you didnt). The other option could be Ruiz keeps making the payments but represents him at Florida to try and recoup the money and ideal earn more (ie. autograph signings in Gainesville etc). He won't do that but he theoretically could.

So basically, Ruiz got screwed out of some portion of his money, but not the totality.

Nothing ties the athlete to the school. Same with Nico, he could technically walk away today, and he would keep everything he had gotten to this point.

NIL can’t be tied to the school, so, you’re making offers, and if you give cash up front, you’re just making a gentleman’s agreement that they won’t bail on you

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Because he's based in California, he can sign a contract to early money in high school. He likely signed a deal with Ruiz that had contingencies that Ruiz could enforce if he chose or not if he chose not to, but they couldn't be conditional on him going to Miami, otherwise it's inducement which is illegal. So Ruiz is likely out whatever one-time upfront payment as well as any monthly payments that he made between commitment and decommitment but now he can enforce the contingencies to put Rashada in breach of contract (ie. monthly autograph signings outside the Miami stadium, meet and greet with Miami boosters, instagram posts about Miami or whatever else he wanted.. basically things that don't directly say 'i have to go to miami' but would be weird and difficult if you didnt). The other option could be Ruiz keeps making the payments but represents him at Florida to try and recoup the money and ideal earn more (ie. autograph signings in Gainesville etc). He won't do that but he theoretically could.

So basically, Ruiz got screwed out of some portion of his money, but not the totality.
I'm no lawyer, but if Rashada is in breach, could he not be forced to repay at least some monies?

I'm no lawyer, but if Rashada is in breach, could he not be forced to repay at least some monies?
no because he will only now be in breach bc now Ruiz will ask him to do stuff that he won't want or be able to do. He fulfilled it to earn the monthlies to date.

Reactions: berryvol
So you think their special teams coordinator is the reason their team plays physical?

Since he left Bama, Bama has won a NC and played in another NC game. This year is different tho. I’d say it’s too early to make any type of correlation.
He was the strength coach @ Bama. Kirby was the D Coordinator. Special Teams doesn't take all day. He has them boys looking they have not in the past. I think that Georgia is now Alabama and Alabama is on the way out. I think beating UGA in the future will be like beating UA used to be. We will never finesse Georgia. We will have to physically beat them. That's what I think.

AlaBama has had two awesome qb's, but the cracks are there. And they are taking on water.

Reactions: VolNash17
Florida is always going to recruit well as long as they have a seemingly competent HC. Landing Rashada could be the start to other dominos falling or could just be a better QB in the class.

VN Store

Back