‘23 JUCO DL Elijah Davis (uscjr commit)

With the way Omari Thomas is playing, it's time to start considering the possibility that he will be an early NFL entry. Davis would be a nice plug n play replacement. I would also use Thomas' improvement under Garner as a selling point.
Like for the 2023 draft?

Omari is having a decent season, but he's not exactly up for Outland Tropy right now haha.

He has 13 tackles in 4 frames so far. Done a very good job of pushing the pocket, but I don't think he's in an danger of leaving early imo

Like for the 2023 draft?

Omari is having a decent season, but he's not exactly up for Outland Tropy right now haha.

He has 13 tackles in 4 frames so far. Done a very good job of pushing the pocket, but I don't think he's in an danger of leaving early imo

You don't have to be up for the Outland to be drafted.

I'm not saying he's certain to leave by any stretch. But if he keeps playing well, given his measurables, it's definitely a possibility.

You don't have to be up for the Outland to be drafted.

I'm not saying he's certain to leave by any stretch. But if he keeps playing well, given his measurables, it's definitely a possibility.
Exactly lol. Freakin Darrington Sentimore gave it a shot. Far from out of the realm of possibility.

Like for the 2023 draft?

Omari is having a solid season and improving every game it seems. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he seeks an NFL grade, then who knows

Omari is having a solid season and improving every game it seems. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he seeks an NFL grade, then who knows
You can get a grade now and not have to declare.

He's definitely improving and one more year of Garner coaching will get him over the top! Matthew Butler or better type drafted.
Needs to keep getting stronger.
18 more months of strength training will give him a shot to be very good. He's already beginning to hold his gap and disrupt.

Defensive line will be important both in the high school ranks along with JUCO prospects and the transfer portal. One name that has picked back up the conversation lately is Elijah Davis from the Mississippi JUCO ranks. Davis sounds like he will visit in the month of December and there is some steady optimism in this one.
-VQ

These are the kinds of guys we need to close that talent gap with Georgia and Bama. Sign this guy along with Hobbs and swap Stallings for Keith and use our remaining spots on portal guys

Don't forget Vysen Lang. I'm guessing we finish with:

Lang
Hobbs
Keith (instead of Stallings)
Either Davis or Hunter

I think Tyler Scott is a contingency if we lose one of the DBs, but if we don't lose one, we don't take Scott.

Lang
Hobbs
Either Davis or Hunter

I think Tyler Scott is a contingency if we lose one of the DBs, but if we don't lose one, we don't take Scott.
I really wish we could take Scott. If we didn’t have such a numbers crunch I think he’s easily a take. I know highlights aren’t an entirely accurate representation of a player, but his are better than any player we have committed in the defensive backfield besides Rickey Gibson

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Omari could be selling himself short if he goes this year. Proabably a 4th rounder or later. He could be a monster in '23 maybe a 1st day guy the next draft. The money difference is significant
He won't have the benefit of having BY on the edge to open some things up for him tho, altho he is already getting all the attention on the interior lol

He won't have the benefit of having BY on the edge to open some things up for him tho, altho he is already getting all the attention on the interior lol
Edge could actually be better. Joseph has done some seriously good things for a Fr. Pearce has been getting a lot of ST's play. I don't think it is a given that BY does more for him than Joseph will next fall.

agreed. I think Joseph’s is going to be better than BY.
Joseph has talent and it will be fun watching him develop but, BY is a grown man right now. BY didn’t get selected all SEC by accident and he will absolutely be missed next season but that’s the nature of college football

Lang
Hobbs
Either Davis or Hunter

I still think we have an outside chance to flip Carnell Tate as well. We will see.

agreed. I think Joseph’s is going to be better than BY.
Eventually, maybe. But he won't be better next year than BY is this year. BY is a pressure machine, just doesn't have the consistent help outside of Omari to be in position to finish those plays as much as other premier pass rushers or he would have a ton of sacks. Josephs needs to get more creative, he can't just run around an OT every time

VN Store

Back