'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

Agree with all this but if Boo doesn't want to be at UT, not much the staff can do about it. I'm confident they're doing all they can and recruiting him as hard as anyone. This staff is special and great recruiters and developers so it certainly won't be their fault if he doesn't end up in Knoxville. It's all up to him and I hope he commits to the Vols soon and recruits other top talent to join him here.

But it is POSSIBLE that Boo and his family and other support folks will assess the response of the FANS to this issue in social media and all other and factor it into the decision process. They get to factor in whether or not the use or rhetorical questions or assumptions was reasoned and objective or if the free speech was seriously flawed by applying arrogance to assumptions under the everybody does it disclaimer. I am glad that a large part of the deletions in this thread were posts challenging the rationality of many of those "red flag scenarios" and calling for more facts. I hope they saw those and the number of "likes" they received before they were taken away to get a feeling for the character composition of the total fanbase. It CAN be a factor, especially as they decide whether they want to stay close to home or seek refuge from contingents of their fellow citizens. The every fanbase has them concept only holds up if the competing fanbases also exhibit aggreges public outbursts. It is the realities, not the possibilities in play. Ours WERE in plain sight before the mod's cleanup. That can eliminate the impact for the general public, but not the family members who read these boards realtime. Plausible deniability of impact does not hold up here.

But it is POSSIBLE that Boo and his family and other support folks will assess the response of the FANS to this issue in social media and all other and factor it into the decision process. They get to factor in whether or not the use or rhetorical questions or assumptions was reasoned and objective or if the free speech was seriously flawed by applying arrogance to assumptions under the everybody does it disclaimer. I am glad that a large part of the deletions in this thread were posts challenging the rationality of many of those "red flag scenarios" and calling for more facts. I hope they saw those and the number of "likes" they received before they were taken away to get a feeling for the character composition of the total fanbase. It CAN be a factor, especially as they decide whether they want to stay close to home or seek refuge from contingents of their fellow citizens. The every fanbase has them concept only holds up if the competing fanbases also exhibit aggreges public outbursts. It is the realities, not the possibilities in play. Ours WERE in plain sight before the mod's cleanup. That can eliminate the impact for the general public, but not the family members who read these boards realtime. Plausible deniability of impact does not hold up here.

Just let it go! Please!

About Boo, has it been confirmed if or where he transfered to?

Would like to look into what type of program it is if it has happened.

At the end of the day, what does it matter? If the staff thinks he will add value to the team, will those that deem him not worthy to wear the Power T start a public crusade? It's a personal reason and should be left as such.[/QUOT

I'm not going to argue with you but at the end of the day we all questions about recruits so day long and want so the info possible.

I've seen multiple conversations in player threads asking similar questions or seeking answers by well respected posters and otherwise. And I agree with you if the staff wants him or decides to pass I'm on board.

But to act like what happened here was some novelty is simply incorrect. It happens every day on other threads. The only difference here is that a recruits mother was on the thread, granted some posters here went a little further in pressing than I would like but only because she was involved. Otherwise it's pretty par for the course whether you admit it or not.

Transferred to Brainerd so his football season is over, but I believe he is trying to be eligible for Basketball for them.

I do wonder if this affects his Mr Football semi finalist nomination, never seen someone win, but be at a different school when the award is presented.

So, he was off the team and out of school at his old school. Unknown reasons... Transferred into public school system, but won't be able to play football.

That about it?

So, he was off the team and out of school at his old school. Unknown reasons... Transferred into public school system, but won't be able to play football.

That about it?
Yes, that's the gist. But don't ask follow up questions. Trust me. We had everything yesterday, including screenshots of a text thread between the CCS President and Boo's mom. Place was WILD for a few hours!

Reactions: SoilVol
Yes, that's the gist. But don't ask follow up questions. Trust me. We had everything yesterday, including screenshots of a text thread between the CCS President and Boo's mom. Place was WILD for a few hours!
That would be wild. Wish I was around for it.

As far as I'm aware, there's no penalty for transferring from private to public (or vice versa) regardless of a move. The only issue is transferring public to public without a move.

Boo should be able to play basketball for Brainerd this winter and football next year. If someone more familiar with these rules wants to correct me please do.

As far as I'm aware, there's no penalty for transferring from private to public (or vice versa) regardless of a move. The only issue is transferring public to public without a move.

Boo should be able to play basketball for Brainerd this winter and football next year. If someone more familiar with these rules wants to correct me please do.
I’m pretty sure it’s a TSSAA rule that if you played a varsity sport at one school you cannot transfer and play that same sport at another one unless you move. That’s at least how it was when I was in school from 2008-2012. Now if he only played varsity football and basketball at CCS he could play baseball or run track at Brainerd, but I don’t think going from public to private or vice versa matters. I live in Cleveland and the former QB at Baylor that got beat out by Muschamp’s son was apparently supposed to transfer to Bradley, but wasn’t able to because his parents weren’t able to find a job in the area so he stayed at Baylor

Reactions: walkenvol
I’m pretty sure it’s a TSSAA rule that if you played a varsity sport at one school you cannot transfer and play that same sport at another one unless you move. That’s at least how it was when I was in school from 2008-2012. Now if he only played varsity football and basketball at CCS he could play baseball or run track at Brainerd, but I don’t think going from public to private or vice versa matters. I live in Cleveland and the former QB at Baylor that got beat out by Muschamp’s son was apparently supposed to transfer to Bradley, but wasn’t able to because his parents weren’t able to find a job in the area so he stayed at Baylor
I should have clarified: there's no punishment to go to the school you're zoned to. Sounds like the player you're referring to wasn't zoned to Bradley - thus it mattered that the parents needed to get a job there.

I assume Boo is zoned to Brainerd, so now that he's out of private school he can freely attend Brainerd.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I should have clarified: there's no punishment to go to the school you're zoned to. Sounds like the player you're referring to wasn't zoned to Bradley - thus it mattered that the parents needed to get a job there.

I assume Boo is zoned to Brainerd, so now that he's out of private school he can freely attend Brainerd.
Unless things have changed an athlete used to have to set out a season if they were at a private school and transferred back to their home school. The AD’s of the Tennessee high schools make the rules and since the vast majority are public schools I guess they throw as many obstacles as they can to keep kids in the public schools. “Just remember, if you decide to go to the private school and end up coming back you will have to sit a year - better make sure that’s what you want to do”

He can attend but can't play sports immediately. There is a mileage limit based on his residence. I want to say 20 miles. Without a change of address, he is not eligible at Brainerd just because that was his original zoned school. I assume Brainerd and CCS are within 20 miles of each other?

VN Store

Back