CFP Scenarios (merged)

I don’t know if that’s necessarily true. The committee doesn’t value conference championships that much. They put ohio state in the playoff over penn state the year penn state beat them and won the big 10, all because penn state had 2 losses.
We have the advantage of one of LSU’s 2 losses being to us by 30, in their own stadium

Because unlike the Big Ten, LSU as SEC Champ would have 3 top ten wins (Ole Miss, Bama, UGA) in their final 7 games after debuting at the #10 team in the CFP rankings.

If you’re the 10th ranked team with wins over #9,#6,#1 with losses to top 5 Tennessee, and one point lose to likely 8-9 win team, you have strong resumeè

Penn State didn’t have the schedule strength to have that many top ranked opponents after their losses.

And they got help tonight. #4 lost. #6 lost. LSU is likely to jump to the top 6 on Tuesday. My guess is TCU 5 and LSU 6

I don’t know if that’s necessarily true. The committee doesn’t value conference championships that much. They put ohio state in the playoff over penn state the year penn state beat them and won the big 10, all because penn state had 2 losses.
We have the advantage of one of LSU’s 2 losses being to us by 30, in their own stadium
It was acrually by 27, but your point still holds

Reactions: VFL21
Name one time a 2 loss team made the playoffs over a 1 loss team that beat them by 27 freaking points . I’ll hang up and listen….

You are truly confused. What does LSU making the playoff have to do with Tennessee?

You’re saying Tennessee will make the playoff over LSU at 11-2. Who said anything that Tennessee wouldn’t make the playoff if LSU did?

Name one time a 2 loss team made the playoffs over a 1 loss team that beat them by 27 freaking points . I’ll hang up and listen….

And if you want to play that game, name one time the SEC champ hasn’t made the playoff….

I think LSU and Bama will still be Top 10. Kentucky should stay ranked and Pitt might be after beating Syracuse.
If the Vols win out and LSU, Bama and Kentucky handle business, I don’t see how they couldn’t be in the playoffs. NY6 bowl at worst.

Did I stutter? Are you drunk?

Simple fact that has zero to do with Tennessee. If LSU goes 11-2 with a win in Atlanta, they will be in the playoff. Not sure if you’re aware but the playoff is made up of 4 teams.

Could be undefeated GA, undefeated OSU, then 1 loss pac12, ACC, big 12 champs(if TCU loses) and us and Mich vying for the other 2 spots.......we can still get in. We'll have to dominate our last 3 games though......

LSU aint beating Georgia. Not sure anyone is the year unless its the good guys in the rematch.
I think Georgia and Tennessee are the two best teams in the country. Michigan might be 3rd. OSU today looked like they’d get beaten by 4-5 tds in Athens or Knoxville.

Simple fact that has zero to do with Tennessee. If LSU goes 11-2 with a win in Atlanta, they will be in the playoff. Not sure if you’re aware but the playoff is made up of 4 teams.

Why do you keep saying ‘are you drunk’? Do you have a problem??? If lsu beat an undefeated ga team then ga would still get in. A 2 loss lsu team that lost to Tennessee at home by 27 would NOT get in ahead of Tennessee with 1 loss. Lol. Drink up buddy.

It's pretty simple, actually.

1. We have to win out (hopefully impressively).
2. Georgia has to run the table.
3. TCU needs to lose a game.
4. One of Michigan and Ohio State will have a loss

Georgia and the unbeaten Big 10 champ will be 1-2, and then it becomes resume comparison for the other two spots, where ours stacks up with any one of UM/OSU loser, or the Oregon/USC winner with one loss.

For us, it's just take care of business and let the chips fall. The worst case scenario is 11-1 and a NY6 bowl game, and who in their wildest dreams though that would happen?

Who are your 4 in that scenario?

They wouldn’t 4 team playoff

Georgia
Ohio ST or Mich
TCU
Tennessee

Tennessee only need to win out baring LSU beating Georgia in championship game.
Agreed, but even if LSU upsets UGA they aren’t a shoe-in.

two-loss LSU over one-loss Tennessee even tho Tennessee beat them by 30? I don’t think so

Would LSU get an automatic bid by winning the SEC? Unless that’s a rule, no way you put a 2-loss LSU team that got blown out by Tennessee in Baton Rouge over a 1-loss Tennessee team.

If LSU wins out and wins the championship game they would be in.

They couldn’t put Georgia in and NOT put LSU in…….so they would both be in.

Worst case scenario for Tennessee. I highly doubt they would put 3 SEC teams in.

VN Store

Back