‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

Conyer rushed for 30 yards on four carries, caught two passes for 42 yards and made a pair of tackles on defense Friday night in South Warren's 27-17 win over Logan County High School of Russellville, Ky. The Spartans will travel to Graves County High School in Mayfield, Ky., on Friday night in the first round of Kentucky's Class 5A playoffs.

My daughter is a freshman at Cincinnati, so I've been watching them this year. Fickell is really good at producing CBs. Sauce Gardner was drafted 4th overall in the 1st round of this year's draft and his teammate, Coby Bryant went in the 4th round after winning the Thorpe Award. In watching their CBs this year, they're well coached and great at finding the ball. Point is, Fickell and his staff really know what they're doing with Corners.

Even though Conyer came down to Tennessee and Kentucky, Cincinnati really pushed for him. That tells me a lot about him.

My daughter is a freshman at Cincinnati, so I've been watching them this year. Fickell is really good at producing CBs. Sauce Gardner was drafted 4th overall in the 1st round of this year's draft and his teammate, Coby Bryant went in the 4th round after winning the Thorpe Award. In watching their CBs this year, they're well coached and great at finding the ball. Point is, Fickell and his staff really know what they're doing with Corners.

Even though Conyer came down to Tennessee and Kentucky, Cincinnati really pushed for him. That tells me a lot about him.
I don't understand why Fickell isn't the first name mentioned for some of these coaching jobs. I don't think he will go to Auburn, but I bet he would take Wisconsin or Penn St if Franklin leaves. I would be worried about the jump to the big 12 if I were him. You can already see the decline in UC after losing all their talent.

I don't understand why Fickell isn't the first name mentioned for some of these coaching jobs. I don't think he will go to Auburn, but I bet he would take Wisconsin or Penn St if Franklin leaves. I would be worried about the jump to the big 12 if I were him. You can already see the decline in UC after losing all their talent.

I think everyone at UC sees the jump to the Big 12 as a huge benefit. Going power 5 will increase their money, exposure, and ability to recruit. Fickell has bought himself a lot of equity there, so it’s low pressure. Even if they take a year or two to adjust…and I’m not sure they will…he’s safe.

I think everyone at UC sees the jump to the Big 12 as a huge benefit. Going power 5 will increase their money, exposure, and ability to recruit. Fickell has bought himself a lot of equity there, so it’s low pressure. Even if they take a year or two to adjust…and I’m not sure they will…he’s safe.
He's safe, but your opportunity to get a top 20 job in college football is a limited window. He might never have the opportunity again.

He's safe, but your opportunity to get a top 20 job in college football is a limited window. He might never have the opportunity again.

I agree that Fickel can basically have his choice of Midwestern school, I personally think he'll continue to hold out for OSU should Day leave. Regardless he shouldn't be on Auburns list at all. Not a fit. No ties to South, not a guy who transcends the game with an offensive system, boring Big Ten football mentality. He'd basically be another of what they just paid to get rid of, or another Brett Bielama at Arkansas.

It’d be interesting to see what jobs he’d take.

He played and has now spent his entire coaching career (dating back to 1999) in the state of Ohio. Is he even aware there are 49 other states?

I think he may be a guy who is happy where he is and unless a job comes along that blows his socks off (Ohio State), then he'll just sit tight.

I agree. His current recruiting class for ‘23 is really good. They are also going to jump from the AD bringing in $7 mill a year to over $50 mill a year in the Big 12. This will allow Fickell to keep more assistants and hire more staff. It may take a few years but I see them being one of the better programs in the Big 12. Knowing someone really close to him the only two jobs I’d be worried about him leaving UC for would be ND and OSU. He’s already turned down Michigan State and several other p5 jobs.

I agree that Fickel can basically have his choice of Midwestern school, I personally think he'll continue to hold out for OSU should Day leave. Regardless he shouldn't be on Auburns list at all. Not a fit. No ties to South, not a guy who transcends the game with an offensive system, boring Big Ten football mentality. He'd basically be another of what they just paid to get rid of, or another Brett Bielama at Arkansas.
Sounds perfect to me.

I think he’d take Penn St., Ohio St., Michigan, or Notre Dame. OSU and Michigan May be a while before any of those open. Notre Dame is in wait and see mode. Penn St is just a matter of if they get fed up with Franklin not getting them over the hump to at least make a conference championship.

I think he’d take Penn St., Ohio St., Michigan, or Notre Dame. OSU and Michigan May be a while before any of those open. Notre Dame is in wait and see mode. Penn St is just a matter of if they get fed up with Franklin not getting them over the hump to at least make a conference championship.
I wonder if Auburn will look at Franklin? I would love to see Franklin Jimbo Auburn.

Not a corner but I'm so glad Ayden Greene went there. With all the tools he has, they could do a lot with him with how that staff develops

VN Store

Back