2024 Recruiting Thread

I was told her whole family hated Tennessee, that's just how it goes sometimes.
Then we would expect to not be getting a visit. Let's see if that happens and if it doesn't we can move on quickly no use chasing players that are going to even give you a look. We need some early commits in 2024 don't need to still be chasing players in October.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
She’s not coming here, that’s the reason why I said it’ll be a huge recruiting win. It’s really unfortunate that she’s as good as she is and just doesn’t want to be at Tennessee and she’s a Tennessee girl! Thankfully Dangerfield primmed us, so hopefully this won’t sting as much.
I saw Dangerfield coming
Velez may be the next one
Jaloni too
Of course Velez and Jaloni are unproven on the collegiate front as of yet
But, man, I wanted that kid,,,sigh

Reactions: 37620VOL
Maria posted in 24/7 that there’s some mutual interest there now, but I imagine that’s one reason why they offered Preston in that class
I believe this season will be the biggest impact on the recruitment of her as well as other top players. If everything fall into place, specifically the on court chemistry then the ladies will be raising banners. The talent is there from top to bottom. The experience of the top players is different from past teams, so the newcomers don’t have to feel like they have to do so much.

She’s not coming here, that’s the reason why I said it’ll be a huge recruiting win. It’s really unfortunate that she’s as good as she is and just doesn’t want to be at Tennessee and she’s a Tennessee girl! Thankfully Dangerfield primmed us, so hopefully this won’t sting as much.

For Harper, she needs to somehow be in this one until the end of Jaloni's name on the dotted line. If not it'll be a huge knock on her staffs recruiting efforts as they have had time to get in and build the foundation since they arrived. This year is the year of taking that next step on the court but also needs to be that next step of getting top recruits to show long term future success. You get Cambridge you've built up recruiting equity.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I was told her whole family hated Tennessee, that's just how it goes sometimes.

It seems like we've heard a lot of this "they hate Tennessee" from talented recruits in and around Tennessee in recent years. I wish someone could explain it to me. I don't know if it's residual hatred of success, disinterest in established programs, or Tennessee didn't give them the attention they wanted - or maybe it's parents or advisors steering them, or something else. Whatever it is, it's strange that we keep hearing these stories of talented players within a car drive of Knoxville who actively dislike Tennessee.

It seems like we've heard a lot of this "they hate Tennessee" from talented recruits in and around Tennessee in recent years. I wish someone could explain it to me. I don't know if it's residual hatred of success, disinterest in established programs, or Tennessee didn't give them the attention they wanted - or maybe it's parents or advisors steering them, or something else. Whatever it is, it's strange that we keep hearing these stories of talented players within a car drive of Knoxville who actively dislike Tennessee.

Believe it's lack of recent success and that being used against them early in recruiting.

Does anyone know if JALONI has made an unofficial visit to TENNESSEE?? That might gauge some of the rumors, if NOT we may have our answer. She has definitely been to alot of schools lately on VISITS

Does anyone know if JALONI has made an unofficial visit to TENNESSEE?? That might gauge some of the rumors, if NOT we may have our answer. She has definitely been to alot of schools lately on VISITS
Honestly now that you say that. I don’t think she has, if she did, I missed it.

It's crossed my mind that Holly was very connected and recruits and their families did like her. Maybe they feel like the University didn't do right by her? Just a thought.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Honestly now that you say that. I don’t think she has, if she did, I missed it.
I checked out her IG and I'm sure she has been on multiple college unofficial visits but the only ones she has posted to social media that I can find as of now are
Georgia
Ole miss
KY
BAYLOR
Louisville
Texas
She never personally shared she was at TN for a visit

Reactions: Majors
I checked out her IG and I'm sure she has been on multiple college unofficial visits but the only ones she has posted to social media that I can find as of now are
Georgia
Ole miss
KY
BAYLOR
Louisville
Texas
She never personally shared she was at TN for a visit
The fact she was here almost a year ago and nothing since then is pretty telling in regards to where we stand unfortunately.

The sense I got (as was the case with Rhyne Howard) was that their families either played for other schools and/or rooted for other schools. In either case, they despise Tennessee, the same way one despises the Yankees or Lakers. It's not necessarily specific to the Lady Vols as a program, if that makes sense.

The sense I got (as was the case with Rhyne Howard) was that their families either played for other schools and/or rooted for other schools. In either case, they despise Tennessee, the same way one despises the Yankees or Lakers. It's not necessarily specific to the Lady Vols as a program, if that makes sense.

Rhyne's mom played for Florida so her team had their a$$3$ handed to them by the orange and white so you probably grow a small hatred for the school who does that 😂 she passed it down to her daughter 😂

VN Store

Back