Tennessee requests 30 day extension

I think the NCAA should erase Pruitt from Tennessee existence, give him a 3 year ban and a 5 year show cause.

That should be sufficient.

The ncaa isn’t going to announce a bowl ban for this season in November. That would have happened before the start of the season.

Reactions: volbound1700
The NCAA has decided to vacate the following:

* The first game against WVU where Pruitt was absolutely unprepared

* The three games against Florida where Mullen coached circles around cornbread

* Georgia ******* State

* The choke job against BYU

* The time the team quit on Pruitt against Mizzou in 18

* The next week where the team quit once against on Pruitt against Vandy

* The time the team quit against UK in 2020

* The rest of the 2020 season that the team quit on Pruitt

* All of JG's turnovers

* Pruitt's attempt to wear a face covering

*Pruitt's attempts to pass off high school coaches as SEC assistants

Here's the unpleasant thing about revoking wins from Pruitt's second and third year (8 in 2019, 3 in 2020). Have a look at the all-time wins list for major college football:

1.Michigan - 983
2.Alabama - 949
3.Ohio State - 949
4.Notre Dame - 933
5.Texas - 933
6.Oklahoma - 932
7.Penn State - 915
8.Nebraska - 911
9.Tennessee - 863
10.USC - 862
11.Georgia - 860
------------------
12.LSU - 829
13.Auburn - 791
14.Clemson - 786
15.West Virginia - 772
16.Texas A&M - 769
17.Virginia Tech - 765
18.Washington - 755
19.Pittsburgh - 753
20.Florida - 752

I took the liberty of inserting a dashed line at the spot Tennessee would occupy with 11 vacated wins (from 863 down to 852).

You'll notice two things about that new spot:

-- It takes us out of the Top 10 all-time programs.
-- It drops us behind UGa.

So yeah, this is painful. I don't care if those were "Beldar wins." I don't care if some of them came in the weird Covid season.

I do care about our place in the history books.

Josh Heupel can, with several years of concerted effort, climb us slowly back up that ladder above UGa. We'll have to make up 8 games on them. So it won't come quick or easy. But we can do that.

I'd just rather not have to. I'd much rather still be climbing our way up to pass Nebraska.

So yeah, let's don't pretend that vacating a couple of seasons of wins from the Pruitt era doesn't hurt the program. It does.

Go Vols!

That is where I am leaning towards. Similar to the reductions Kiffin dealt with at USC.

There's not going to be any scholarship reductions imposed. The NCAA put out a statement praising UT for it's handling of and and cooperation during the investigation, if they hammer us beyond the already self imposed penalties the NCAA would look terrible. They would in effect tell every other school it's not in your best interest to cooperate.

I hope the NCAA doesn't feel brave and try to make an example out of Tennessee;)

If they do, they will feel the wrath of VN. You shouldn't fork with fans who have endured 1.5 decade of disappointments that comes with a stagnated program. Then just when they appear to be crawling out of the quicksand, presume to push them back in. VN would make them pay.

There's not going to be any scholarship reductions imposed. The NCAA put out a statement praising UT for it's handling of and and cooperation during the investigation, if they hammer us beyond the already self imposed penalties the NCAA would look terrible. They would in effect tell every other school it's not in your best interest to cooperate.

I hope you are right. I agree this would not be a good look to punish with penalties. I would also have a problem with punishing players who were not involved but letting those that were move to other schools without any ramifications.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Good points!

Reactions: Jeff Clark

VN Store

Back