Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was following y'alls little tiff and could you clue me in on the reference? I looked the guy up and I don't understand the connection..🤔
Back in the day, he was a writer for ESPN, of course...

In 1999, he began an all-out assault on UT athletics, especially football, writing several relentless articles about our athletics and academics. It was a massive battle between UT and ESPN over it. It was truly where the Heisman and trailer park anger went to a whole other level, especially for the university.

He was writing like an article a day about it on espn.com. Now, I'm not saying what he was writing wasn't true; of course the star players at a major college football program are going to get that special treatment...at every single major college football program across the land, not just at UT. Why wasn't he up Florida's ass, or FSU's...Nebraska's or Miami's? Keep in mind, this is just two years removed from ESPN leading the charge in the stealing of Manning's Heisman, and "trailer park frenzy".

Then, in 2004, after all of the academics mess had quieted, the same a**hole, the same fcks (ESPN) were the ones that outed Fulmer as being the informant to the NCAA against Bama...."Deepthroat Has A Southern Twang" was his headline, I'll never forget it.

I'm done with it. I like beast, he's a good poster; but, anyone who can't see what's right in front of their face, well...this world is filled with em.

Last edited:
Blayne Gilmer doesn't know schemes. he thinks all the wide open receivers are just mental mistakes. They are schemed open.

He also thinks UK's defense will be more disciplined and mentally capable that Bamas?

SMH
He lost me when he said Heupel's offense is similar to Leach's. When I hear people say that, it tells me they either don't know football or they aren't really watching the games because they are 2 polar opposite offenses. They are literally nothing alike.

First off, We’re beating Georgia… But hypothetically speaking if we lost to UGA and Bama loses to UGA in the SEC championship. That gives Bama two losses. We would be higher seeded and probably get in the playoff.

1. UGA
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. Tennessee

We would need TCU to lose though because they probably get in undefeated and Big 12 champ. Luckily, their schedule is not easy with TT, @ TX, @Baylor, and Iowa state. I think they drop one and we can squeeze in.

First off, We’re beating Georgia… But hypothetically speaking if we lost to UGA and Bama loses to UGA in the SEC championship. That gives Bama two losses. We would be higher seeded and probably get in the playoff.

1. UGA
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. Tennessee

We would need TCU to lose though because they probably get in undefeated and Big 12 champ. Luckily, their schedule is not easy with TT, @ TX, @Baylor, and Iowa state. I think they drop one and we can squeeze in.
Wouldn’t the play in the Big 12 Championship? Likely against OSU.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Rumors that the score of yesterday’s basketball scrimmage against Michigan State was 67-63, good guys. Michigan State beat writers partially confirming, saying they lost a close one.

Also being reported that Barnes really didn't have a rotation and played almost everyone. I think I saw that JJJ was held out.

Hype stays here long enough we will have a down year due to injuries / roster turnover like most coaches, but he just needs to avoid the season where the team misses a bowl / quits. That is when a coach can't recover. Just have no worse than a 7-8 win minimum in your down years and then have some good years like this one, and you can coach for a long time.
When things are good 9 wins should be a down year.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
I think Heupel doesn't care about what the fans think. It seems like he's got his own goals and is on a mission to accomplish them. . . we're just lucky to be along on the ride. I don't think it mattered what big school gave him a chance, he was going to do what he's doing regardless. I'm just happy it's at UT. Thank You Danny White!

Agreed with that. I think he's genuine and isn't trying to sell the fans or players anything. He is who he is, and that just happens to be a damn offensive genius that wants to compete for championships every year with whatever team he has.

He lost me when he said Heupel's offense is similar to Leach's. When I hear people say that, it tells me they either don't know football or they aren't really watching the games because they are 2 polar opposite offenses. They are literally nothing alike.

Yea, a buddy of mine who is a MSU alum have talked about our offenses being somewhat similar. I can't say that I've watched them play much. But, now after watching a couple of series against Bama and looking at the numbers (passes thrown downfield), they aren't alike. Leach passed on 3rd and inches and 4th and inches against Bama. Heupel would never do that.

Hype stays here long enough we will have a down year due to injuries / roster turnover like most coaches, but he just needs to avoid the season where the team misses a bowl / quits. That is when a coach can't recover. Just have no worse than a 7-8 win minimum in your down years and then have some good years like this one, and you can coach for a long time.

Should expect a step back next season. But a step back from a National Championship isn’t so bad.

Yea, a buddy of mine who is a MSU alum have talked about our offenses being somewhat similar. I can't say that I've watched them play much. But, now after watching a couple of series against Bama and looking at the numbers (passes thrown downfield), they aren't alike. Leach passed on 3rd and inches and 4th and inches against Bama. Heupel would never do that.
We play with tempo. They don't. We throw the deep ball. They throw nothing but short yardage passes. They are last in the SEC in deep balls. We run the ball. They don't. We spread the field. They don't. Leach's air raid is literally nothing like Heupel's system. Any time someone compares the two as similar offenses, I immediately discredit them as someone that knows what they're talking about and I tune them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back