2023 Target List

One thing to keep in mind is that Carr is from Manhatten, KS, so K-State, as the hometown school, makes a lot of sense.
He’s not “from” there as in born and raised, family moved there when his dad got hired at K State, after his departure they moved again from my understanding. With that said he did live there for a bit and K State did just hire his AAU and HS coach as an assistant.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
He’s not “from” there as in born and raised, family moved there when his dad got hired at K State, after his departure they moved again from my understanding. With that said he did live there for a bit and K State did just hire his AAU and HS coach as an assistant.
He lived there for 5 years from 2016 to 2021. He may not love KSU as he did when his dad was an assistant coach there for the women's team, but he spent his most formative years living in Manhattan, and clearly has them on his short list. I'm just saying, he has a connection there and that it shouldn't be discounted.

He lived there for 5 years from 2016 to 2021. He may not love KSU as he did when his dad was an assistant coach there for the women's team, but he spent his most formative years living in Manhattan, and clearly has them on his short list. I'm just saying, he has a connection there and that it shouldn't be discounted.
Absolutely, wasn’t suggesting to discount it, just saying that it’s not as if he was born and raised there or that his family is there. And I would think that his AAU & HS coach now being on staff at Kansas State is probably a bigger connection than spending a few years in Manhattan. His dad was also shown the door by K State and his sister elected to transfer from K State, no how attracted to K State is he might be a valid question?

Absolutely, wasn’t suggesting to discount it, just saying that it’s not as if he was born and raised there or that his family is there. And I would think that his AAU & HS coach now being on staff at Kansas State is probably a bigger connection than spending a few years in Manhattan. His dad was also shown the door by K State and his sister elected to transfer from K State, no how attracted to K State is he might be a valid question?
True, but if there were any hesitation or hard feelings with KSU, it's hard to believe that they'd be one of his final options. I don't think you carry on that relationship this far into the game only to decide your feelings are hurt in the eleventh hour over something that happened 18 months ago.

True, but if there were any hesitation or hard feelings with KSU, it's hard to believe that they'd be one of his final options. I don't think you carry on that relationship this far into the game only to decide your feelings are hurt in the eleventh hour over something that happened 18 months ago.
They were by far his first high major offer, and for quite awhile, that could have factored into that.

They were by far his first high major offer, and for quite awhile, that could have factored into that.
Yeah, but if your feelings are hurt, your feelings are hurt. That all supercedes when they offered. He has no obligation to them. No sense in dragging on a relationship this far if your feelings are truly hurt enough to not pick KSU in the end. It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, but if your feelings are hurt, your feelings are hurt. That all supercedes when they offered. He has no obligation to them. No sense in dragging on a relationship this far if your feelings are truly hurt enough to not pick KSU in the end. It doesn't make sense.
I’m not saying the family wants nothing to do with KSU and there’s an absolute hatred for them, but there’s a very good chance there’s at least somewhat of a bad memory in the back of your head. Now if you have the choice between KSU and some tiny MM on the west coast maybe you’re taking your chances and hoping a new staff at KSU things work out better for you. When Virginia & Tennessee come calling and now provide just as good of, if not better opportunities maybe you have an easier time moving on from KSU.

Again not saying it’s the case, but I don’t think acting as if this kid is BJ Edwards or Jordan Bowden having grown up in Manhattan and just a desire to always play there is really telling the whole story, jmo.

Again not saying it’s the case, but I don’t think acting as if this kid is BJ Edwards or Jordan Bowden having grown up in Manhattan and just a desire to always play there is really telling the whole story, jmo.
That isn't what I was suggesting, either. Just pointing out that Kansas State isn't some random suitor on his offer list to uninitiated who may wonder why he'd be picking between Tennessee and Kansas State, among others. And if he were to pick KSU, it isn't an alarming choice because he has obvious ties, there.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
That isn't what I was suggesting, either. Just pointing out that Kansas State isn't some random suitor on his offer list to uninitiated who may wonder why he'd be picking between Tennessee and Kansas State, among others. And if he were to pick KSU, it isn't an alarming choice because he has obvious ties, there.
Fair enough, was just trying to paint the whole picture.

Reactions: walkenvol
Grant Ramey says that he likes where Tennessee is with Cameron Carr, thinks biggest competition is Northwestern and that obviously Tennessee has a lot to sell in that head to head. Didn’t have an update on Chinyelu, says he’s not sure any team involved really has a feeling.

Grant Ramey says that he likes where Tennessee is with Cameron Carr, thinks biggest competition is Northwestern and that obviously Tennessee has a lot to sell in that head to head. Didn’t have an update on Chinyelu, says he’s not sure any team involved really has a feeling.
Good on Carr, but that news on Chinyelu has to be viewed as a downgrade given that Tennessee liked their chances at one point. I wonder what is going on there. Are they souring on him? Is he looking for too much? Is he now potentially looking into being a spring signee? All fair questions, it seems.

Are we getting to the point to where we should view CRB’s recruiting like we view Coach Garner’s defensive line recruiting? Seems like they both continue to deliver year after year?

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Good on Carr, but that news on Chinyelu has to be viewed as a downgrade given that Tennessee liked their chances at one point. I wonder what is going on there. Are they souring on him? Is he looking for too much? Is he now potentially looking into being a spring signee? All fair questions, it seems.
@Stoerner Fumbles can chime in, but I took it that Grant just doesn’t have anything new/an update on him since the last one which was that Tennessee felt good…my guess is that he went back to Senegal and is talking things over with family and has maybe gone a little quiet while doing so. Imo Tennessee is still the likely favorites to land him and I would expect him to sign early still.

Are we getting to the point to where we should view CRB’s recruiting like we view Coach Garner’s defensive line recruiting? Seems like they both continue to deliver year after year?
If they land Carr and Chinyelu this will arguably be their best class to date and without question their best fall class to date. The best part of it would be that I’m not sure any of those guys are likely one and dones.

If they land Carr and Chinyelu this will arguably be their best class to date and without question their best fall class to date. The best part of it would be that I’m not sure any of those guys are likely one and dones.
Do you think we take a pretty big step back next year and we're in a rebuild year? With Santi, JJJ, ON, Phillips (likely O&D), and Key all gone. I know we'll have an amazing class coming in but it would be asking a lot out of freshman.

VN Store

Back