Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the best QB in the country. I absolutely adore HH, and would not trade him, but BY makes incredible throws time after time after time.
He also has games where he doesn't make incredible throw after incredible throw and doesn't look that great...he just did Saturday in spades.

Tennessee fans need to move on from their BVS. Heupel isn’t going anywhere. We’re about to go to the playoffs in year 2 and on a decade plus run of greatness. Enjoy the ride and stop worrying about Heupel leaving! He’s going to be here a long time, folks.

People need to realize OU is a step down. Especially in light of the future. We have a better NIL program, better recruiting fields, better fanbase, etc. The future here is brighter than at OU. There may be 5 other teams in the nation that can compete with everything listed above. The college football landscape is changing (mostly because of NIL) and Tennessee is the spearhead.

Saban almost said as much in his press conference. There is no out scheming it, just a lot of “we have to play better fundamentals”.

I really believe we have our own Spurrier. If we can get the horses like the 90’s UT teams this could be really fun.

Gave it a like because I agree with most of it. But Spurrier???

724900B2-3F65-4C01-AD50-F1A3EE37A056.gif

Saban almost said as much in his press conference. There is no out scheming it, just a lot of “we have to play better fundamentals”.

I really believe we have our own Spurrier. If we can get the horses like the 90’s UT teams this could be really fun.
It does not hurt we have the perfect storm on offense . First a dual threat qb who is rather accurate with passes, especially deep passes. Second the mix of wr complements each other so much, a wr on one side won wins one on one, a bruiser not afraid to take on the middle and a flyer that runs by 98% of all the players in college . Throw in a veteran online and it just sets up to be simple. You want to play your safeties deep to stop the bomb, we run it with Small and Wright and Hooker. You want to play tight man Bru and Keyton/Ced will feast on corners. Getting Fant and Warren involved earlier has helped on this front too, can’t play 6 dbs with Fant and Bru on the field. Now you just need a qb who can read this and understand where to go with ball

2013 iron bowl still probably takes the cake
1665415717864-gif.502497

Total BS that Darnell Wright didn't get SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week. He was the reason Bama's Heisman trophy candidate was rarely mentioned all day. Really our entire OL was awesome.
He did.
Week 7: Football Players of the Week
"
i
Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
  • Wright, making his 35th career start on the offensive line, neutralized a dominant Alabama front as No. 6/8 Tennessee beat the Crimson Tide, 52-49, on Saturday for the Vols' first victory in the series since 2006.
  • Protected and paved the way for a Tennessee offense that racked up 567 total yards against an Alabama defense that was first in the SEC allowing only 250.8 yards per game (+316.2).
  • Wright, a 2023 NFL Draft prospect, played all 70 offensive snaps at right tackle and did not allow a sack or pressure as the Vols also rushed for 182 yards in the victory.
  • He was the highest graded offensive lineman in the contest according to Pro Football Focus.
  • Wright and Tennessee averaged a stellar 8.1 yards per play, the most allowed by Alabama since 8.85 vs. Texas A&M on Sept. 14, 2013.
  • Wright has not allowed a sack in now 12 straight games.
"

People need to realize OU is a step down. Especially in light of the future. We have a better NIL program, better recruiting fields, better fanbase, etc. The future here is brighter than at OU. There may be 5 other teams in the nation that can compete with everything listed above. The college football landscape is changing (mostly because of NIL) and Tennessee is the spearhead.

I am going to take this a step further... we have no instate competition (Vandy doesn't count). You know who does? Alabama. Alabama literally has nothing we don't have other than Saban and Heup just outcoached him in brutal fashion. Alabama can't compete with our NIL and he knows it. It is why he and every "recruiting coach" complains about paying players (even though they were doing it under the table). The days of being a recruiting head coach are dying and being replaced with guys like Heupel. Tennessee is on a massive up trend. The only thing Bama has is Saban and once he is gone... so are their hopes and dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back