Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck Oliver in Atlanta just said that if the committee released their playoff rankings today then Tennessee would be #1. If he were ranking the teams today we’d be #1. They take into account our 4 top 25 wins AND they take into account that we’ve done it without our best WR in Tillman which is a factor for the committee.

Oliver also said that the game in Athens is shaping up to be the biggest game at UGA in his lifetime. He’s an Auburn fan just for perspective.

I love the prognostications,, Lets take it one game at as time. and not look ahead. 2001 taught me that lesson

My kids elementary school played Rocky Top during the morning announcements. They also sent out a PSA yesterday encouraging all kids to wear their Vol gear today. What a special time

That's awesome. I was looking back at some of my elementary school yearbooks and class pictures from the mid to late 90s (East TN). So many Peyton Manning jerseys and UT shirts back then. Absolutely no gear for other schools. I'm sure it hasn't been that way in a while.

They felt anxious. This is a team who has players who were in playoffs and National championship. No wonder Dawgs don't want VOLS at their game.

I think defensive coordinators and position coaches when meeting with their players and watching film just straight up don't have answers for them on defending this offense.

[Edit: This (below) is incorrect. Both Wright and LSU's Campbell were named. Sorry for my mistake. Thanks to @UTJoe]

[Original post:] Total BS that Darnell Wright didn't get SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week. He was the reason Bama's Heisman trophy candidate was rarely mentioned all day. Really our entire OL was awesome.

Last edited:
I think defensive coordinators and position coaches when meeting with their players and watching film just straight up don't have answers for them on defending this offense.

Saban almost said as much in his press conference. There is no out scheming it, just a lot of “we have to play better fundamentals”.

I really believe we have our own Spurrier. If we can get the horses like the 90’s UT teams this could be really fun.

You can split the gap with contact but you can’t go directly over someone with contact.
tenor.gif

Saban almost said as much in his press conference. There is no out scheming it, just a lot of “we have to play better fundamentals”.

Yep. It's why coaches are losing their minds playing against us. Napier risked getting absolutely blown out and got lucky. Kelly rolled the dice and lost and then thought better of it. I expect Kirby will panic a bit if we start torching them and try fake punts, fake FGs, onside kicks, etc. Anything to avoid giving the ball back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back