LV Volleyball

Thanks for the low down. Just curious, why are we playing Ohio State in Pittsburgh? Sort of an unnamed mini meet?

Also, Congrats to Morgahn!!

Morgahn Fingall Named AVCA Division I National Player of the Week - University of Tennessee Athletics
???It might be a mini meet although Pitt and Ohio St don’t play. Probably logistics motivated though. Of course, we are fulfilling a home-and-home with Pitt. Interestingly…it was Ohio St. that ended our season last year in Columbus though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
???It might be a mini meet although Pitt and Ohio St don’t play. Probably logistics motivated though. Of course, we are fulfilling a home-and-home with Pitt. Interestingly…it was Ohio St. that ended our season last year in Columbus though.

Revenge would be nice. 🙂

Reactions: Putbacks
Well, that ending was disappointing. We started out slow, 13 in first set. Then scored 21 in the second set. Then had the lead in the third and were serving for the third set, but a reversed call changed to them serving for the match.

We had a lot of impressive digs and kills, and fought hard.

Last edited:
WKU is a very good team. Tey made us look pretty weak. It seems that we are at this point but I see potential. It may take a while but, we will be much improved by seasons end.

WKU is a very good team. Tey made us look pretty weak. It seems that we are at this point but I see potential. It may take a while but, we will be much improved by seasons end.

We just got swept by Western Kentucky. I think we have excellent potential to be mediocre--which is what we've been, at best, so far.

They’re Top 25, pretty consistently so. UT is still missing Mahaffey, no idea how much longer she’s out, but that’s arguably the best player on the roster. Still hate that Bell had to retire at the late date she did, they were counting on her in the middle, which is certainly their weakest link right now, based on what I’ve seen on SEC+.

Playing at #12 Pittsburg tonight at 7 (on espn app), and #5 Ohio State tomorrow at 5.

Next Wednesday we play Missouri at home at 7 on espnu.

GLV!

Last edited:
Swept by Pitt. I had high hopes for Rackham-TK Married Name after her first year--but those hopes are starting dissipate. We obviously aren't very good.
Sadly true….I think right now Vanderbilt could beat us, and they don’t even have a volleyball program.

Looks like the tough non-conference slate paid off. Boat-raced Missouri tonight in the SEC opener. Should be a good couple of matches in College Station this weekend.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAK OUT THE BROOMS 🧹🧹🧹 <a href="https://t.co/G5m3zlC8Wb">pic.twitter.com/G5m3zlC8Wb</a></p>&mdash; Tennessee Volleyball (@Vol_VBall) <a href="">September 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Curious changes tonight. King donned the libero jersey and played solidly. Robinson played extensively. No Laborda; no Boothe. Granted Missouri is no juggernaut, but could the Lady Vol Reign of Error be coming to an end?

Curious changes tonight. King donned the libero jersey and played solidly. Robinson played extensively. No Laborda; no Boothe. Granted Missouri is no juggernaut, but could the Lady Vol Reign of Error be coming to an end?
One thing about our transfers is that Lovette can jump out of the gym!! Not sure how high but 36 inches i would think!

I watched the Lady Vols handle Mizzou last night in volleyball. Congrats to the team. A great game, we have two strikers that can smash it, Findall the senior but the incoming transfer is off the charts great!

I watched the Lady Vols handle Mizzou last night in volleyball. Congrats to the team. A great game, we have two strikers that can smash it, Findall the senior but the incoming transfer is off the charts great!

When they get Mahaffey back, they’ll have one of the most formidable front lines in the conference.

Reactions: Remy
Natalie i thought was the best setter in the sec but that redhead for fllorida was just as good
How about that 6’2” freshman setter For FL! What a luxury to have a 6’2” setter and a 6’5” outside hitter—who’s Russian! We competed fairly well and looked like we could force a 5th set, but errors took over. We have too many defensive liabilities to afford those errors. Erykah Freakin’ Lovett though….Just wow in the air at the net!

Reactions: Remy
Too many damn sevice errors all match long. Our middles are weak and got eaten alive. We did fight and clawed our way almost back, then shot ourselves in both feet come crunch time. The talent gap between us and Florida was very evident.

Reactions: orange beard

VN Store

Back