Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 496525View attachment 496526

We also have some of these specimens in New Mexico. From the Baker Ranch mine south of Deming. Natural lighting on top, short wave UV lamp on the bottom. Aragonite fluoresces blue and agate green.

This originally formed as a hollow geode (thunderegg) that filled up with aragonite (calcium carbonate) over the eons. The solid line that looks like the ocean is called a "water line" and indicates that the geode remained in the same orientation over all the years that the carbonate water solution slowly evaporated and filled up the cavity.

Edit: Your photo looks more like the ocean IMO.

Short wave:

giphy.gif

At first I laughed too...but you know it's not that crazy. If Wisconsin can match or pay him MORE than he's getting at Bama, he could go run the Big 10 for 3 to 5 years and have a far easier path to the playoffs on a yearly basis and expectations there wouldn't be quite on par with Bama.
Saban would be shown for what he really is at a place like Wisconsin...a coach that ain't no better than anybody else when given equal or less talent.

Wiscy ain't got, and ain't never gonna have the player buying system the Crappabama has.

We must undo the LSU voodoo.

In 2001, we met LSU in the SEC Championship, with a trip to the National Title on the line. We all know what happened. That night, some sort of evil was cast upon this program. A poison that was laced into the fabric of our program's DNA. That night, a different program left with our identity, and we have been fighting for it ever since.

In the 21 years leading up to the 2001 SEC Championship:

Tennessee:
.763 Winning %

LSU:
.569 Winning %

Since the 2001 SEC Championship:

Tennessee:
.564 Winning %

LSU:
.753 Winning %

And we have lost in how many tremendous ways? Been drug through the mud.

We were the team with the terrorizing defense, could beat anyone on any given Saturday, the team you could count on to be a threat year in and year out. The stadium that you did not want to play in at night. The crazy fans. After that night in 2001, it's like LSU stole our soul and walked out with our helmets painted yellow with their logo on it.

LSU has been everything that Tennessee was since 2001. For this, I seek to steal our souls back and banish them to that from which they came.

FD has the spread down to 2.5....... I think this game is going to be tougher than we want to believe it is, but at the same time I think that is way low. Imo it should be -6.5

Probably the biggest test of the season. LSU has more talent than us and will be fired up to knockoff a top 10 team. Will be very tough.

Reactions: Revived2002
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back